Spectrum TV and it’s an app powered by streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, and others. This service provides a variety of content for viewing. On Spectrum TV there are videos of different genres and for all age groups. What else is very appealing about this service is that the app is available on almost all types of devices and is limited only by the need for Smart features.
There is of course a minus, this service is only available in the United States. However, even this problem can be solved with the help of a VPN on some devices, as you learn below. The fact process of installation and operation isn’t quite clear to some users. So below you’ll learn exactly how you can install the Spectrum TV app on your Samsung TV and what to do if this isn’t possible.
What should you do to install Spectrum on Samsung TV
As mentioned above, installing Spectrum is a great idea for anyone who likes to watch quality content and not be tied to one place. Yes, it’s much more enjoyable to watch everything on the big screen, but why not finish a series you started on a Samsung TV on the road on a Smartphone from Samsung.
That’s why Spectrum is so convenient and good to use. However, it’s still worth installing on your TV. Despite all the technical advantages of cross-platform programs, apps for viewing video content show themselves best on a Smart TV. And there are hardly many TVs that can compete with the Smart TV from Samsung. That is why everyone who was able to appreciate all the advantages of their technique needs to know exactly how to install apps on it, including Spectrum TV. Gladly, differences between methods of installing Spectrum TV for Samsung Smart TV and any other Smart TV, Vizio for example are minor, and this is always easy to do.
- What TVs support Spectrum app: Full list
- How to get Spectrum App on LG Smart TV
- What is a Spectrum app
How to install Spectrum TV directly on Samsung Smart TV
Thanks to years of hard work and development of Smart technology, the interface of the modern Samsung Smart TV is extremely convenient to use. Installing apps is extremely easy. To install the Spectrum TV app, you need:
- First, open the home page of your smart TV.
- In the line with the downloaded apps on the left, you’ll see a search icon. Select it with your remote control.
- Next, type in Spectrum TV in the search box.
- From the available search options, select the first one and go to the app page.
- There, click on the installation button. Wait until the app is downloaded to your TV and add it to the home page for easy use in the future.
Then you need to authorize the app and accept the terms of the user agreement. Once you do this, all the features included in your subscription will be available to you. If you haven’t chosen your tariff before, then do it, taking into account what exactly you expect from this app. You will find this app even more useful if you will install it on multiple devices.
What to do if your Samsung TV doesn’t support Spectrum TV
If your TV doesn’t have access to Spectrum TV, you can consider other options to use your app with Samsung. There are several options. You can, for example, use mirroring on your phone if available. All the latest iPhones and Android phones have a similar feature. It makes sense, especially if you don’t live in the United States, since you can install and use a VPN on your phone.
Also, a good alternative for you may be a special set-top box that provides TVs that don’t have Smart features the ability to use streaming services. Especially, it makes sense to pay attention to the products of Roku and Firestick. These are reliable brands that won’t let you down. So, to take advantage of these methods, you need to do the following:
How to use Spectrum TV via screen mirroring
As already mentioned, you can use Spectrum TV via any modern Smartphone, for example iPhone, in conjunction with a modern Samsung Smart TV. All you’ve to do to use Spectrum on a Samsung Smart TV is to use screen mirroring. To do this:
- Go to the store on your phone and in the search box enter the name Spectrum TV.
- Then from the search results select the desired app and go to its page in the store.
- On the Spectrum TV page in the store, click the installation button.
- Wait for the app to install, then log in. If you need to register and choose the plan you’re interested in.
- Make sure that your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Smart TV.
- Depending on the brand of the phone, mirroring activation may be activated differently. For iPhone, it can be turned on in the settings or in the operational menu. In Android phones, it depends on the model and manufacturer.
- After enabling the function, wait until the phone detects your TV and select it from the list of available devices.
- Then go to Spectrum TV and turn on the video you want.
This is very convenient because using your phone you’ll always have your favorite shows with you. You don’t even need to install Spectrum TV on your Samsung TV.
- How to get a Spectrum app on Apple TV
- How to install Spectrum app on Xbox
- What Smart TVs and devices are compatible with Spectrum TV: The full list
How to use Spectrum TV with a set-top box
If you own a Samsung TV, but it doesn’t have Smart functions, you can use a set-top box. After you buy a set-top box, you need to do the following:
- Connect the set-top box to a power source.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect the set-top box to the TV.
- Using the remote control, select the correct input on your TV and turn the STB on.
- Connect the set-top box to your Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the set-top box store and enter Spectrum TV in the search box.
- Go to the app page in the store and click install.
- After installing the app, log in. If you need to register and select the Tariff you like.
You’re ready to use Spectrum TV. The advantage of this method is that it’s applicable not only to Samsung Smart TVs, but also to regular Samsung TVs. As already mentioned above, consider installing Spectrum TV on Firestick or Roku set-top boxes.