Apple TV is one of the most popular streaming devices that supports many apps for streaming any multimedia content. While Spectrum TV is one of the apps you can install on your Apple TV devices and allows you to watch 250 TV channels and 30,000+ on-demand titles when you are connected to the Spectrum Internet. There is also an option to watch 150+ TV channels and 20,000+ on-demand titles when you’re connected to other networks.
In order to stream live TV channels, select Live TV and stream your favorite channel. You also can add your favorite program to the Favorites section for quick access.
Basically, your Spectrum TV subscription turns your Apple TV into a new screen, streaming live and on-demand TV shows anywhere in your home when connected to the Spectrum Internet.
What is Spectrum TV and is it worth your attention
Spectrum TV, as the name suggests, is an app with an endless library of TV shows, movies, and more. You can even watch live TV shows, which makes it a trendy app among users. It has a TON of content that you can watch at any time.
Spectrum TV has the most popular TV channels and over 40,000 XNUMX TV shows and movies on demand. The app is available on all devices such as Android, iOS, Windows, Xbox, and other streaming platforms. The best part is that you can easily install the Spectrum TV app on your Apple TV and use all of its features.
The only thing that can get you in the way of installing Spectrum TV on your Appl TV is that Spectrum is only supported on Apple TV 4 (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K (5th generation). Users of older generations of Apple TV cannot download or access Spectrum TV on their devices.
Moreover, there are some cases where people where struggling on getting Spectrum TV on Vizio TVs.
As stated, when you subscribe to this streaming service, you get access to your local channels and plus 10 of your choice, which you can change whenever you want through the free Spectrum app. It costs $24.99 a month. You can stream from a minimum of 3 devices. The only drawback is that you can only be charged one time by calling customer service. Which is not very convenient.
It’s also worth mentioning a few other details that are barely mentioned in the purchase. This is an additional fee. It is not much, but you should be aware of it:
- Broadcast TV Surcharge – $5. This is a fee reflecting charges assessed to Spectrum by the owners of local broadcast and local “network-affiliated” TV stations.
- FCC Regulatory Fee – $0.06
- Franchise Fee -This fee has changed each month. On the first bill, it was $0.76. On the next bill, it was $1.06.
A big advantage is also the fact is that you don’t have to sign any contracts. You can cancel at any time.
- How to add Hulu to Apple TV
- How to cancel Paramount Plus on Apple TV
- How to install ESPN app on Apple TV
How do you install Spectrum TV on your Apple TV
If you have a compatible Apple TV, you can install this app directly from the app store.
- Connect your Apple TV to the TV and open the App Store.
- Use the search bar to find the Spectrum TV app.
- Select the Spectrum TV app.
- Tap Get to install the app.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Once installed, go back to the Home screen and launch the app.
- Enter your Spectrum TV user name and password to stream content.
There is also an alternative option to stream via AirPlay. With Airplay Mirroring, iOS users can also watch Spectrum TV on Apple TV. However, it only works on the:
- iOS device running iOS 11 and later
- Apple TV 2nd generation or newer.
So, in order to start streaming:
- Make sure your iOS device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Spectrum TV app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iOS device’s screen to launch Control Center. (iPhone X and newer users: Swipe the screen from top to bottom to open Control Center).
- Tap on Screen Mirroring.
- The nearest Apple TV devices will appear on the screen.
- Select the Apple TV device where you want to mirror the content.
- Your iOS device will be displayed on the TV that the Apple TV is connected to.
- Now stream your favorite content in the Spectrum app. The video will be reflected on the big TV screen.
How to create a login and password for Spectrum TV
If you are a new user, you need to create a new Spectrum username and password to stream content:
- Open a web browser and visit this Spectrum page.
- Select your contact information and enter your email ID or password.
- Confirm that you are not a robot, and then click Next.
- Enter the activation code you received.
- On the next screen, enter the required information such as first name, last name, contact number, and email address.
- Create a secure username and password.
- Be sure to remember your username and password.
- You can get a free year of Apple TV+ with T-Mobile Magenta and Magenta Max plans
- How to clear history on Apple TV
- How to turn on subtitles on Apple TV
What you should do when Apple TV Spectrum not working
If you encounter problems with Spectrum TV on Apple TV, there may be several bugs in the application that need to be updated, or in the Apple TV itself and its software. Usually such problems can be easily solved by restarting device or updating the application. Use these instructions to make sure that you have a simple problem with the program:text
Update or Reinstall the App
- Highlight the Spectrum TV app in the Apple TV’s main menu.
- Press and hold the select button on the Apple TV remote.
- Once the app starts to wiggle, select ‘Delete’.
- Restart your Apple TV (see below).
- Open the App Store.
- Find and install the Spectrum TV app.
Restart the App or Apple TV
- Press the ‘Home’ button twice, quickly.
- Highlight the Spectrum TV app by navigating left or right.
- Swipe up on the touchpad to close the app.
- Open the app again from the Apple TV’s main menu.
Update the Apple TV
- Press and hold the ‘Menu’ button to return to the main menu.
- Navigate to ‘Settings > System >Software Updates’.
- Select ‘Update Software’.
In order to restart the Apple TV, you need to unplug the device, wait 30 seconds and then plug it back in. If that doesn’t work, you can follow the path below to restart via the ‘Settings’ menu.
Settings > System > Restart
Because the Spectrum TV app allows its users to watch their favorite content on Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, etc., you don’t have to sit at your device for hours. Just follow a few basic steps and stream your Spectrum TV wherever you want. You can also use the Spectrum streaming website to watch Spectrum TV online on your PC and laptop.
Spectrum TV subscribers can watch their favorite shows, edit their watch list, set their DVR, record their shows, view their account information, and enjoy many other features. What’s more, it allows you to get unlimited streaming options while bored at home.