Streaming services are quite popular today. Many users prefer to change their regular TVs to various streaming and video-on-demand services. As streaming platforms began to gain popularity, more and more companies begin to offer their own services in this sphere. It means that many companies, which used to be just providers, make their own services, allowing people to watch their favorite content on any device, including different TVs.
In addition to the good quality and variety of content that the product offers, many viewers wonder if it is possible to install the Spectrum App on their Xbox. Since the app gives its users an opportunity to watch at least 125 channels with free HD, thousands of on-demand titles, and a chance to add premium networks under its basic plan, it is very opportunely and demanding for too many people. Especially when combined with a device like your Xbox
How to get Spectrum app on Xbox
It’s also a good idea to connect your AirPods to your Xbox while watching something through Spectrum app.
To use the Spectrum TV app on Xbox One, you’ll need:
- An Xbox One
- An Xbox Live account
- An internet connection
- Spectrum TV service
- A Spectrum username and password
How to install the Spectrum app on Xbox:
Keep in mind, if you don’t have an Xbox Live account, learn how to create one.
- First of all, you should make sure that your Xbox One is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- After that, you should sign in with your Xbox Live account.
- Then, you should head to the Xbox One Home screen, and navigate to the Store and then choose the Apps category.
- Next, you should look for Spectrum TV.
- Then, the Spectrum TV app will be displayed in My Games and Apps. You can choose to Pin to Home for easy access.
- After that, you should open the Spectrum TV app, fill in your Spectrum username and password and then click on Sign In.
- When your service level would be authenticated, you should tap on Agree to accept the License Agreement and start watching.
The next time you open the Spectrum app, you’ll automatically be signed in.
How to uninstall the Spectrum TV app for Xbox One:
- First of all, you should sign in with your Xbox Live account.
- After that, you should head to the Home tab, then click on My Games and Apps in the upper right corner.
- Then, you should tap on the Spectrum TV logo.
- Next, you should click on Menu, and then choose Uninstall.
- After that, you should tap on Uninstall All to confirm.
- You can reinstall the Spectrum TV app whenever you want to.
What are the features of the Spectrum TV app
The Spectrum TV app offers its users a wide range of features:
- Main menu
- Live TV
- My library
- How to change your Spectrum Wi-Fi name and password
- How to connect Xbox controller to Nintendo Switch explained
How to use the Spectrum TV app features
Below you’ll see the guide on how to use the features which are offered by the Spectrum:
Using the Main Menu, you can get into Live TV, Guide, My Library and On Demand. You can also search for programming in the search bar and customise Settings by clicking on the gear icon on the bottom left.
You can look through live TV channels available in your subscription, and also you’ll be able to look through other channels while watching a program. If you want to watch live TV, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to the Main Menu, and go to Live TV and choose by clicking on A.
- After that, you should get into the Guide. To do that, you should click on the Directional Pad Left.
- Use the Left and Right Bumpers to browse channels up and down.
- If you want to know more about the program, you should press on the X button or the Directional Pad Up for Info including the title, episode name and description of the program.
- For Recently Watched programs or to browse through other shows, you should tap on the Directional Pad Down.
If you want to see the Guide, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to the Main Menu, and access Guide and choose by clicking on A.
- If you want to move through channels, you can use the Left and Right Bumper.
- If you want to choose a channel, you should click on A.
- For Info about a program, you should head to the channel and click on X.
- For fast turbo scrolling, use the Directional Pad.
If you want to filter channels in Guide, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should move all the way left with the Directional Pad.
- After that, a Sort By column will be displayed on the left side of the screen.
- Channels can be filtered by sports, movies, news, favorites and other genres, and sort by channel number and network name.
If you want to set Favorite channels in Guide, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to the network channel column.
- After that, you should tap on A to pick the channel and add to favorites.
- To complete the process, you should head Left to access and filter channels by Favorites.
If you want to open My Library, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Main Menu and head to My Library and pick by clicking A.
- Use the Directional Pad or Left Stick to go to a title.
- Click on A to select the title or X to view additional program details.
View On Demand content and search for specific TV shows and movies.
If you want to open On Demand, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Main Menu, head to On Demand and pick by clicking on A.
- After that, you should search through video content by the On Demand categories (Features, TV Shows, Movies, Kids, Networks).
- To choose a program, you should head to it and click on A. The program screen will be displayed and can either Watch or add to your Watch.
To search for titles or programs:
- First of all, you should open the Main Menu, and head to the Search bar.
- After that, you should use the onscreen keyboard, fill in a person’s name, sports program, movie title, etc. in the search box. Use the following buttons on your Xbox One controller to adjust your search:
- X: Backspace.
- Y: Space.
- B: Exit search and return to previous screen.
- Use the Directional Pad to head to the movie or TV show you want to watch and click on A.
If you want to switch off your Xbox controller, we can help you.
All in all, there’s nothing difficult in installing the Spectrum app on your Xbox.