In today’s world, the issue of remote work or study is becoming more and more relevant. It is very convenient and practical. Because in this case people don’t even need to leave home and they can attend classes or work just from their personal computer.
As the development of such technology gives more opportunities for effective collaboration between departments, which may be located in different cities or even countries.
That is why various apps and programs for conferences have become very popular. With them, you can communicate and even see different people from anywhere in the world.
One of the most popular such services today is Zoom. The app allows you to create a video conference in which many people can participate at the same time. However, how can you see so many people if you have a small laptop or for example a phone? In this case, you may need to display the images from your device on your TV.
How to stream Zoom to TV from a PC using Chromecast
One of the easiest ways to stream Zoom to TV is to use a streaming device. For example Hromcast, such a device will be very inexpensive, and the function of the broadcast will be enabled in the Google Chrome browser, or the Google Home app on your Android or iOS device.
If you use a PC, laptop with Windows 10 or Mac in the Chrome browser, you will be able to enable broadcasting to your Chromecast device. To do this is quite simple To do this you need:
- Start the Zoom meeting on your computer and wait for all participants to connect. You should be able to see other people’s videos.
- If the meeting works fine, then you need to open the Chrome Browser in the next window.
- Then select the Three Dots in the upper right corner and open the Menu in your browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select Cast.
- Then click on the Chromecast device where you want to mirror the Zoom meeting.
- Then select the Sources drop-down list and select Cast desktop.
- A pop-up window will appear in front of you where you can select the desktop monitor you want to play. Just specify the one where the meeting is located in Zoom and click the Share button.
After that, the meeting will be mirrored on your TV, where Chromecast is connected. It is also important to remember that although you see all the participants on the TV in front of you, the video stream is displayed from your computer or laptop camera. Place your device in front of the TV so you can look away from the camera, so you can look more natural during the online meeting.
How to mirror the meeting Zoom from your mobile device
No matter what device you have in your hands: a mobile device running Android or iOS you can set up a screen display on Chromecast and from it as well. To do this, you will need to download the Google Home app from the App Store or Google Play beforehand. It should be completely free of charge.
After that, it will be quite easy to start the mirroring. To do this, you will need to:
- Start a meeting in Zoom or connect to someone else’s meeting. Wait until the connection is complete and you can see other users’ videos.
- After connecting, when you’re sure that the meeting is working properly, you need to open the Google Home app.
- Here you need to select your Chromecast device on which you want to broadcast the meeting to Zoom.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on Cast my screen. This should cause your screen to be mirrored on Chromecast
- Then switch back to the Zoom meeting and your TV should display the Zoom meeting.
Remember, you will need to put your phone in landscape or landscape mode, depending on the orientation of your TV. This is so that the meeting fills the entire screen and you don’t get black bars on the sides or at the top and bottom.
This way you can mirror the Zoom meeting from almost any available device.