Zoom has a built-in appointment recording function. However, in this case, all participants will be notified. Therefore. if you want to make a recording of the meeting in secret from the participants, you can use the program OBS.
OBS is a program for capturing and recording your screen on your computer. With the open source software, you can also stream. OBS can also connect directly to Zoom so you can make changes in real-time. Also, add more audio channels and even enhance Zoom’s live conference broadcasts.
What to do to record the Zoom meeting with OBS?
With these steps, you will be able to record Zoom meetings and save them for the future. So that you can review them later and use this information. First, you must install the OBS program on your PC or laptop. After that, follow these steps:
- The first step is to start Zoom and OBS.
- After that, you need to click on ‘+’ in the bottom ‘Sources’ panel of the OBS program.
- Then select ‘Window Capture’.
- Next, a new window will open in which you have to name your file and save it.
- Then choose the monitor you want to display your video on from the drop-down list and uncheck the ‘Capture Cursor’ box and press ‘Ok’.
- In OBS, press + again in the Sources section, then select ‘Capture Audio Input’.
- Rename the capture source if you want to separate it from another source and avoid confusion, then press OK.
- Then you need to select the input device from the drop-down list, then press ‘OK’.
- Next click ‘Start Recording’, you can also use ‘Start Broadcasting’ if you need to broadcast the conference elsewhere.
- Then open the Zoom window full screen.
- When you’re finished recording, return Zoom to windowed mode and select ‘Stop Recording’ in OBS.
Also, note that the sound in the recording will be doubled if you use speakers. This is because your microphone picks up the output sound from your device. To avoid this, use headphones.
- How to manage your name and profile photo on Zoom
- How to fix the Zoom share screen not working
- How to fix the ‘unable to join Zoom meeting’ error
What to do to record Zoom meetings using an app on a PC?
Also, you can record Zoom meetings without installing any third-party programs. Since Zoom has a built-in function for recording meetings. However, at the same time, all the participants in the meeting will be notified that you’re enabling the recording. To record Zoom meetings using an app on a PC, follow these steps:
- The first step is to open the Zoom program on your PC or laptop.
- After that, you need to log in to your account.
- Then select the ‘Home’ tab and click on ‘New Meeting’.
- After that, click on ‘Record’ as the Zoom meeting starts.
To finish the Zoom meeting, click on ‘End’. You can then watch a recorded Zoom meeting. This way you can start recording the meeting at any time.
What to do to record Zoom meetings using an app on iPhone?
The algorithms for recording Zoom meetings using an app on iPhone are different. Since there is no built-in function in the app on the iPhone to record meetings. However, after some time in the Zoom app, there is such a possibility with a subscription.
However, if you do not have a subscription to the paid Zoom account and you continue to use the free version, you will also be able to record meetings but in a slightly different way. You’ll need to use the built-in features of the iPhone, not the Zoom app.
On your iPhone, you can turn on the screen recording which will save your entire meeting to the gallery in the video section. That way, you can do whatever you need to do with the video. Edit, cut some moment, send it in a messenger to colleagues or friends because, in fact, you’ll have a regular video on your iPhone, in which the screen recording was broadcasted.
- How to change or delete your name and profile photo on Zoom
- How to make a Zoom meeting start without a host
- How to update the Zoom app in a few simple steps
What to do to add screen recording in the control center?
If you need to make a screen recording of a Zoom meeting, you need to add the screen recording function in the control center. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step is to open the settings on your iPhone.
- Next, select the ‘Control Center’ section.
- Then scroll through and click on the ‘+’ icon in the screen recording section.
- After that, swipe to open the control center and click on the recording icon. The recording will start after 3 seconds.
After these steps, all you have to do is click on the record button and then start the meeting in Zoom. You can also go to the gallery and trim the crucial moments from the video.