Are you a fan of Hulu’s extensive collection of TV shows and movies? Do you wish to experience the thrill of watching your favorite content on the big screen? If you own a Chromecast, you can effortlessly cast Hulu onto your TV and elevate your viewing pleasure.
The good news is that you can stream Hulu on Chromecast using not only your smartphone but also using the Chrome browser on your computer. The only condition is that all devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Well, let’s take a closer look at the whole process.
What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a device developed by Google that allows you to stream content directly from your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV. A small dongle plugs into your TV’s HDMI port and connects to your home Wi-Fi network. With Chromecast, you can cast content from various apps and platforms, including Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, and more.
How to set up Chromecast
Before you can start streaming Hulu on Chromecast, you need to set up your Chromecast device. Here’s how:
- Connect your Chromecast: Plug the Chromecast dongle into your TV’s HDMI port. Make sure to connect the power cable to a power source.
- Switch input: Use your TV remote to switch the input to the HDMI port where your Chromecast is connected.
- Download the Google Home app: On your mobile device, download and install the Google Home app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Set up your Chromecast: Open the Google Home app and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network.
Remember that your mobile device or computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for everything to work fine.
How to cast Hulu to Chromecast using a mobile device
Once your Chromecast is set up and connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can cast Hulu on your TV. So follow these steps:
- Open the Hulu app on your mobile device and sign in to your account if needed.
- Browse the available shows and movies on Hulu and play the one you want to watch.
- After that, look for the Cast icon in the playback menu. It resembles a rectangle with a Wi-Fi symbol in the corner and is usually located in the top-right or bottom-right corner of the video player.
- Then you should see a list of available Chromecast devices on your network. Select the Chromecast device connected to your TV.
- Once you select your Chromecast device, the video will play on your TV screen. You can control playback, volume, and other options from your mobile device or tablet.
While casting, you can still use your mobile device or tablet for other tasks without interrupting the playback on your TV.
How to cast Hulu to Chromecast using a computer
If you want to cast Hulu to Chromecast from your PC or laptop, do the following:
- Open Chrome on your computer and visit the Hulu website.
- Then sign in to your account and play the content you want to watch on your TV.
- Next, find the Cast icon in the bottom right corner of the playback screen and click on it.
- You should see a list of available Chromecast devices on your network. Select the Chromecast device connected to your TV.
- Finally, the video will play on your TV screen.
You have multiple options for controlling the volume during the casting process on your Chromecast device. You can adjust the audio levels either through the volume controls displayed on the small video screen or by utilizing your TV’s remote control volume buttons.
With Hulu successfully casting to your Chromecast device, you can now sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite shows and movies on the big screen. Chromecast allows you to stream high-definition content for an immersive viewing experience.