Gmail is a great platform to communicate, send files, receive messages and all of this is available on your mobile device. Isn’t it great? Unfortunately, the Fire Tablet doesn’t initially come with this app. It’s a good deal, that this device is an Android one which makes it possible to launch Gmail manually and let it work in an appropriate way.
How to download Gmail on Fire Tablet
The process consists of several parts.
1. During the first part, you should enable third-party apps installation. To do that, you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should head to Settings. Foremost, you need to permit the tablet to download apps that aren’t displayed in the Amazon app store. To do this, you should go to Settings by pulling down the top of your tablet to view the “More” button. It’s a plus icon inside the circle that will open the Settings menu.
- After that, you should find the “Enable unknown apps” option. To do that, you should scroll down to the bottom of the page and toggle the button to switch on the option.
2. In the next part, you should install the APK files that you need
- First of all, you should open the Amazon app store. There is a specific file extension that is called APK. It should be installed manually, however, before that, you need to make sure that you have a qualified file manager to make it more straightforward for you. From the home screen, you should click on the Store icon which you may find at the upper-right corner of your screen. This action will give you access to the Amazon app store.
- After that, you should look for ES File Explorer. You can use the search bar to find it. Just type in “ES File Explorer” there, and then click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Then, you should choose ES File Explorer. There will be displayed two variants of the app, the free one and paid one. You should select the free one just by clicking on it.
- Next, you should install ES File Explorer. To do that, you should find the “Download” option which you may find at the left of the app depiction. The app will be installed automatically.
- After that, you should download Google Service apps. To do this, you should head to your tab’s browser and then you should visit the links below:
- These links automatically download two essential Google Service apps that will make Gmail work properly.
- Then, you should download the Gmail APK. To do this, you should visit this link: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/07/09/gmail-updated-to-v4-9-with-google-drive-file-attachment-apk-download/. Now, there are all the necessary installers to download Gmail and use it.
3. In the third part, you should install everything
- First of all, you should open ES File Explorer. To do that, you should find the ES File Explorer app on your home screen. It can be found by scrolling to the left to the right side of your home menu. You should be taken to the internal storage of your tablet, revealed by the SD card name at the top.
- After that, you should locate the downloaded files. You should click on the Downloads folder to open the downloaded installers prematurely.
- Then, you should establish the first two APK files. To do this, you should click on the APK files then you should press on “Install” when you will be asked. When the process of installation will be finished, you should click on “Done”.
- In the end, you should install the Gmail APK File. You can do this by clicking on the Gmail.apk file. The process is similar to another two, but in the end, you should click on “Open”. This will establish Gmail when you complete installing it.
Are there any alternative methods
Surely, there are 2 alternative methods which are quite simple.
How to use the Amazon Email app
This method is very convenient as you won’t need any other apps to be downloaded on your Fire tablet. The email app which initially comes with the device can be used. To do that, you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open the Email app.
- After that, you should fill in your Gmail address in the text box and then click on “Next.”
- Then, a Google sign-in page will open. There, you should follow the prompts in order to sign in and give Amazon access to your account.
- In the end, everything will be synced in a couple of minutes. After you have done the steps below, you will see the screen which will display “Setup Complete!” You can now “Go to Inbox.”
How to use Gmail via browser
This method also doesn’t require any other apps, you can just use Gmail in the browser. To do that, you should:
- First of all, you should open “Silk Browser.”
- After that, you should visit Gmail.com and sign in to your account. After that, you should choose “Use the Web Version.”
As you can see, the process maybe not as straightforward as you want it to be, but there is still nothing complicated, as you can try the alternative ones.