A guest account usually prevents users from having any administrative privileges. So, users of such accounts will not be able to install any apps or provide the system with some changes. This is a temporary account. Basically, this account will not save any data after you have switched off your device or escaped the guest account.
How to create a guest account in Windows 11
So, there are two methods with which you can create a guest account:
- 1. Creating a guest account via the Settings
- 2. Creating a guest account via the CMD
How to create a guest account via the Settings
To create a guest account using Settings, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should click on the Windows key+I keys at once.
- Then, you will see the “Settings” displayed, you should click on “Accounts” which is located on the left-hand side.
- After that, you should take a look on the right-hand side. There, you will find the “Family & other users“ click on it.
- Then, you should scroll down to find the ‘Other users‘ section.
- Next, you should tap on “Add account“.
- After you see that the Microsoft Sign-in panel is displayed, you should click on the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information“.
- Then, you should tap on “Add a user without a Microsoft account“.
- There, you should fill in the name, which you want to use in your guest account, in a special box.
- After that, you will be asked to enter and repeat a password in the box.
- In the end, you should tap on “Next“.
You should understand that it’s very important to choose all three security questions and answers correctly.
The new guest account will be displayed on the Settings window.
To finish the process, you should escape the Settings window and then, you should restart your computer and the guest account will be completely ready.
How to create a guest account via the CMD
To create a guest account using the CMD terminal, you should follow the steps which are mentioned in the section below:
- 1. First of all, you should tap on the search icon and enter “cmd“.
- 2. After that, you should tap on “Run as administrator”. This will open the terminal with administrative rights. So, to find the “Run as administrator” option, you should right-click on “Command Prompt“
- 3. After you notice that the Command Prompt is already displayed, you should fill in this command and then press “Enter“.
- For instance, if you want to create a guest account with the name “Gor” the command will be:
net user Gor /add /active:yes
- A new guest account will be created after this.
There are some additional adjustments that may be used with your guest account, you can see them in the section which is displayed below:
- If you want to set a password for this profile, you should fill in this command and press on “Enter”.
net user Guest1 *
- You can do one more thing, in case you want to have the profile removed from the particular user’s group, you can fill in this command:
net localgroup users Guest1 /delete
How to delete a guest account
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to delete your guest account, but you still may turn it off. This is almost the same, you will not use it anymore, but the guest account will be saved and will not influence your work. So, if you want to switch off the guest account, you should follow the prompts which are mentioned in the section below:
First of all, you should tap on the Start button which you may find in the lower-left corner of the desktop.
- After that, you should tap on “Control Panel“.
- Then, you should press on “User Accounts“.
- After that, you should tap on “Add or Remove User Accounts“.
- After you have finished the process, you will see a line displayed under the guest mode which will say that your guest account is turned off.
There are some cases, when the method above doesn’t work, in this case, you should follow the instructions which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should tap on “Guest“.
- After that, you should press on “Turn off the guest account“.
As you can see, everything is quite easy, but I would recommend using the first method to create your guest profile as it’s more straightforward. So, the guest mode is a perfect choice who want to limit their personal information from the access of someone else. After using the guest mode, all the data which was saved during the period of usage will be deleted so it’s also very confidential.