There are times when you want to clean up the viewing history of your Apple TV, not only to remove unnecessary recommendations after you’ve let your kids watch cartoons, for example, but also if you just want more privacy.
In any case, knowing how to clear the viewing history on your TV is very useful. Although it should be noted, it’s a rather radical method. That is, if you do decide to delete the entire viewing history, you either delete everything or nothing.
The option to select something specific and delete it from the history – won’t work.
In this article, you’ll learn more about how to clear your Apple TV viewing history and make your experience more comfortable and enjoyable.
Is there any ways to clean viewing history on Apple TV
In fact, you can do this in a number of ways.
Note: Before you go ahead, keep in mind that clearing history from an Apple ID on one device synced with that Apple ID will clear history from all devices synced with the same Apple ID. So you can use different Apple devices to do this operation, and you don’t have to turn on the TV or your Mac.
Here’s a guide o how to manage your Apple TV App viewing history:
- Launch the Apple TV+ application on your iPhone/iPad/iPod
- At the homepage, in the “Watch Now” tab, choose your Apple ID profile located in the top right corner beside the already mentioned “Watch Now” label
- Among the options on the screen, tap on “Clear Play History” to clear your viewing history
You are also able to do it via Desktop App:
- Open up the Apple TV app on your Apple desktop device
- Now hit TV and then Preferences up in the menu bar
- In the menu that appears, make sure you have the “Advanced” tab highlighted
- Now click on “Clear Play History”
There’s also a possibility to change history on other devices, whether it’s Roku, Fire TV, Android TV which support Apple TV. Also, the procedure may be different, but in general, it’s similar:
- Open the Apple TV app
- Along the top menu bar, to the right of the search icon, should be a cog symbol
- Scroll down to the section at the bottom of the resulting menu, named “Privacy”
- As on Apple TV there are options available to clear both search and play history
Such methods are the easiest and fastest, it will help you clear unnecessary recommendations and generally give you privacy and convenience when watching Apple TV.
If you decide to try Apple TV+, you can be sure that the quality of your entertainment will be worth the $4.99 per month subscription. You are able to use it individually or include your family in the plan for the same price. It’s a step forward in Apple’s service-centered approach to clip people to its products.
How to clean cache on Apple TV App
Here you will find instructions on how to clear the cache on your Apple TV:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Go to General > Manage Storage.
- Highlight the trash icon for any item in the list and press the Touch surface. After that, the app and all of its data will be removed from the device. You are also able to delete the app directly on the home screen and download it to refresh the cache.
This quite popular streaming service from Apple provides you with a bang featuring interesting shows like “See” featuring Jason Momoa and “The Morning Show” featuring Steve Carell, Jennifer Aniston, and Reese Witherspoon.
In case you don’t like it, you can always unsubscribe. However, this service is worth a try if you like to watch movies often and learn about the latest news in the movie industry.