If you use Apple TV, then at one point you may find that it no longer turns on. Everything is not always so bad that you need to contact a service center, especially if your warranty is over and you have to pay for everything. We have some tips to help turn on your Apple TV.
My Apple TV is Not Turning On, What Do I Do?
First, do not panic and begin to solve the problem, moving from simple solutions to more complex ones.
To get started, unplug Apple TV from the wall outlet and wait a few minutes. It may well be that your Apple TV just has a slight problem with the power controller. If this does not help, then examine your Apple TV and determine what temperature it is and whether the LED works. This will help you choose the right way to solve the problem.
My Apple TV is Blinking And Not Working
If your Apple TV light is flashing rapidly, you may fix it at home. The fact that the LED is blinking indicates that the problem with your Apple TV is in the software. In order to fix it, it is enough to carry out the recovery procedure through iTunes. You can independently restore any Apple TV model except Apple TV 4K, it is impossible to restore it from home and you will have to go to the store.
You can read more about how to recover Apple TV in this article.
What To Do If Apple TV Light Stays On All The Time?
If the light is on and it does not change, then this means that the problem is in the hardware. In practice, most of these problems are not catastrophic and can be easily fixed.
- First, check if your Apple TV is connected to the correct HDMI input. To do this, it is enough to simply check each of the inputs in turn.
- Secondly, unplug the cable and reconnect. If this does not help, try a different cable, as the problem may be in it.
- Check the temperature and the place where your Apple TV stood, it could overheat. If this happens, unplug it and let it cool.
What To Do If Apple TV Has No Light On Box?
If the indicator of your Apple TV is off, then this is the most unfavorable outcome. But there are also several ways you can make it from home.
- First, check to see if the power cord is fully inserted into the connector. The problem may be that the plug gradually dropped out and your Apple TV stopped receiving electricity.
- Secondly, replace the power cable with another one. The problem may be that your cable is broken and does not transmit power to Apple TV. If you don’t have a new cable, unplug the old one and examine it. Try to find bends, tears or bumps, this will indicate that your cable is broken.
- Thirdly, look inside the connector and blow into it. It may turn out to be dusty. Do not try to put anything in there, as you may damage the connector.
You Tried Everything But Apple TV Still Not Working
If you tried everything that is described in this article, but your Apple TV did not start working, then do not despair and do not try to do anything more at home. The fact is that the problem may turn out to be insignificant, but if you try to open the box, then you will destroy Apple TV completely. In order for your Apple TV to be repaired, contact Apple Support or the nearest Apple Store.