Your Hisense TV always comes with a handy remote control. You can use it to adjust the volume and other functions like other TV remote controls. However, like any other electronic device, this remote control can malfunction or you can easily lose it. TV users often have questions at such times about how to control TV functions without the remote, including input source.
Fortunately, if you lose the remote control, you can still adjust the input source on your Hisense TV using alternative methods.
It also happens that some older TV models can fail and constantly change the input source or simply not see it, so that when you turn on your TV is not quite in working condition. This behavior is easy to change almost with one click, but this frequent problem can be annoying and later you will have to look for the cause.
Now let’s look at a few reasons that can provoke such a problem.
Why the TV does not see the HDMI connection
Many users are puzzled why the TV does not see the HDMI connection if the cable is new, the signal source is good, and the devices have been connected according to the instructions. Even the most popular TV brands can have problems with the input source.
There can be several reasons for this state of affairs, so you should search for the problem one by one. We assume in advance that you are using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable without any intermediate adapters.
- Check that the HDMI cable is in good working order. Even very expensive brands are not immune to such things as factory defects. In addition, the cable may be damaged due to careless operation. You can check the HDMI cable by replacing it with a guaranteed defective equivalent or by connecting it to other devices.
- Make sure you have selected the correct input source in the TV menu. To do this, press the external input selection button on your TV remote control. Depending on your TV model, this might be the Source button, the Input button, or just the HDMI button. When you press it, a menu with a list of available inputs will pop up. Select and confirm with the Enter (OK) button the input you plugged the HDMI cable into.
- Check the HDMI ports on your TV and external signal source for proper operation. The connectors may be burned out or mechanically damaged due to repeated failures to connect the cable properly. Although the HDMI standard allows “hotplugging” of the cable, experienced professionals recommend not only unplugging both devices at the time of switching, but also disconnecting the antenna cable from the TV jack.
- Another fairly unusual reason why the TV can not see the computer through the HDMI connection is the lack of additional power on the discrete graphics card used in it, and, after all, working with an external device requires increased power consumption.
- Does Hisense TV have Bluetooth
- How to download Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV and watch Disney content online
- How to control the volume on Hisense TV without a remote
What about changing the Input Source with a remote
You should probably start with the simplest method of changing the source input, which is using a remote control.
- Press the “Source” button.
- When the list of the available inputs appears, use the up and down arrows to scroll through the list.
- Select the desired source and then press OK to connect.
As an alternative way, you can also use the Menu button on your remote to change the input source. Just select ‘Input’ and choose the desired option.
What to do when you don’t have a remote to change Input Source
As you can see, the methods above are the easiest and fastest, but the remote control is not always possible. Usually the batteries in the remote control run out, or they break, etc. No one is immune to a malfunctioning remote control.
In such cases, you can use another way to replace the source input, and this in turn is the same old method of using the buttons on the TV panel itself. Yes, it is not convenient to go to the TV and change programs via the buttons on the control panel, but as long as you buy new batteries for the remote control, it is a good option. Also with replacing the input, the principle is the same, just use this guide:
- Power on your TV.
- Click on the Menu button that you’ll find at the bottom of the TV panel. This should launch the OSD screen.
- Click on “Input.”
- Use the channel buttons to skip to the desired input. In most models, this should automatically switch the input to the selected setting. If that doesn’t activate the required input, press and hold the Menu button and simultaneously press both volume buttons.
If you can’t use the Menu key for some reason, you can artificially open the input source settings window through a third-party device that you can connect to your TV. For example, a game console.
What about changing the Input Source on a Hisense Smart TV
Since the Hisense Smart TVs run on Android, and they are more flexible than the average TVs. You can use third-party applications to replace the remote control that does not work, or even connect a keyboard to the TV. Here’s how you can make it easier to replace the input on your Hisense Smart TV.
How to change Input Source in Hisense Smart TV via Android App
- Visit Google Play Store or the App Store to download and install the app.
- Open the app.
- Tap on “Accept & continue” to agree to the app’s terms of service.
- Select “Hisense Smart TV” from the list of the available devices.
- Enter the app-generated PIN code to pair the app with your Hisense TV.
- Tap on the text input box and type “Input” on the virtual keyboard that appears.
- Tap on “Go.”
In this way, your smartphone becomes a remote control. As an alternative way, you can use voice commands. Just tap the microphone icon in the top-right corner of the app and say a word or phrase related to the thing you’re looking for.
How to change Input Source in Hisense Smart TV via Google Assistant
Google Assistant is an app that is based on artificial intelligence and with it you can use the same commands as “OK Google, change the input to HDMI.” to change the source input to your TV.
- Download and install the Google Home app from Google Play or App Store.
- Connect your phone and Hisense TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Once connected successfully, you should be able to see your TV in the app.
- Tap on the TV to pair it up with the app. You should now be able to control your TV from the app.
Now you know more about the methods that help you change the source input to your Hisense TV of any kind – whether it’s a digital TV or Smart TV.