Your Hisense TV always comes with a handy remote control. You can use it to adjust the volume and other functions, just like other TV remotes. However, like any other electronic device, this remote control can malfunction or you can easily lose it. Users of the TV at such moments have common questions about how to control TV functions without remote control, including volume.
Fortunately, if you lose the remote, you can still adjust the volume on your Hisense TV using alternative methods.
How to find alternative method to control the volume on Hisense TV without a remote
If you lose your Hisense TV remote or it doesn’t work, you may need to replace the batteries or buy a new remote altogether.
However, while you’re looking for or fixing your device, it needs to be replaced. You can use the following alternative solutions:
How to control volume on Hisense TV using buttons on TV itself
The most obvious replacement solution is the buttons on the TV itself. The problem with this method is that you will need to be near the TV at all times to use the buttons.
You also need to understand that there are dozens of Hisense TV models, and not all of them have the same buttons.
You can buy a model that may not have a volume control button, but only a power button. If there are still buttons, here is a description of where most of the time they’re located on the TV.
In most cases, the volume controls are hidden on the sides of the TV. To find them, watch behind the TV and examine the back of the TV.
Depending on the model, you will find them on the right or left side of the TV. If there are no volume controls, the volume is most likely controlled by the power button. To change the volume setting with the power button, do the following:
- To use the volume adjustment feature with the power button, first press it to the left or right side. If the volume adjustment is indeed through the power button, you will see the volume change.
- When you reach the desired setting, release the button.
- If you need to change channels in addition to changing the volume level, you can switch channels on your Hisense TV by pressing the power button forward and backward.
How to control volume on Hisense TV using RemoteNOW app
A more demanding but also more comfortable way to adjust the sound is to use the RemoteNOW app.
This method is better because using this app completely replaces your remote control. By using this method, you can stop using the remote control on your Hisense TV later on. Instead, you can turn your smartphone or tablet into a remote control.
You won’t have to spend money to replace a lost remote or run to your TV to press the volume button. Like the remote, you will be able to control the volume comfortably while sitting or lying on the couch.
The RemoteNOW app is available for both iOS and Android devices. To use your mobile device to adjust the volume and many other settings on your Hisense TV using this app, please do the following:
- First, go to the store on your phone and enter the name of the app in the search box. If necessary, log in before doing so.
- From the search results, select the needed app and go to its page in the online store of your phone.
- Using the download button on the page, download and install the RemoteNOW app on your device.
- Once the app is installed on your device, connect your smartphone and your Hisense TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once you’re sure your devices are connected to the same network, launch the RemoteNOW app on your device.
- Continue setting up by scanning for available devices in the RemoteNOW app.
- Once the desired TV is detected, make sure that the devices are successfully paired.
In addition to simple audio adjustments, there is a lot you can do with the RemoteNOW app. You can directly access streaming services, view content, and even show photos and videos from your phone. In some ways, the app is even better than the remote.
To adjust the volume, use the corresponding buttons in the app interface. On the left side of the screen, you will find a volume bar and by clicking on the “+” or “-” symbols you can set the desired volume level.