Electronic devices have a tendency to run into problems, these can be simple little problems that can be fixed by restarting the device. Sometimes it can be a software update or a recently installed program that can continually cause random strange problems. In such cases, the best option is to perform a reset. The same can be said for TVs, and yes, they can be reset too.
Now there are many reasons why you should reboot your Hisense TV. It may be that a firmware update may be causing some problems, or the TV may have been given to someone else or perhaps even donated. Sometimes there may be a defect and you are asked to send it to a service center in exchange for a new one, or you just want to sell it. The reasons for resetting are many, but the methods are few.
So, here is how to reset your Hisense TV in a few easy steps.
How to reset old Hisense TV
If you want to reset your old Hisense TV, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, press the “Exit” button on your remote and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
- After that, the Hisense TV factory service menu will appear.
- Finally, select “OK” and turn off the TV.
Once you reset your Hisense TV, it is recommended to wait 20 seconds before turning it on. This method only works for 2013 and older models.
How to reset Hisense TV from 2014 to later models
To reset your Hisense TV, you will need the original remote control. While universal remotes can work seamlessly with other functions, resetting is different.
So, if you want to reset Hisense TV from 2014 to the latest models, you have to follow these steps:
- Press the “Menu” button on your Hisense TV remote.
- Then, select “Support” and press “OK” or “Enter” on your remote control.
- After that, choose the “Self Diagnosis” option.
- Finally, select “Reset” and enter your security PIN to confirm your request.
Once you have completed these steps, your Hisense TV will be reset to factory settings. If you have never set up your PIN, the default PIN for all Hisense TVs is 0000. If you have changed your account information and cannot remember the new PIN, please contact your local Hisense TV representative.
How to reset your Hisense TV without remote
Remember, this will make your Hisense TV completely new by restoring all default settings and deleting all installed apps. So, if you want to reset your Hisense TV without remote control, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, find the reset hole at the back or bottom of your Hisense TV.
- Look around your Hisense TV and find the small hole labeled “RESET”.
- Bend the paper clip to insert it into the hole.
- Insert the clip into the hole and press it in for about 15 seconds.
- Hold it down until the Hisense TV restarts.
Once you have completed these steps, your Hisense TV will be reset without a remote control.
Now that you know how to reset your Hisense smart TV, you no longer need to call someone and ask them to do it for you, which helps save time when performing this simple and convenient function. If you have minor problems, the soft reset method works great, and yes, it works on both old and new Hisense TVs.
However, if you have other plans for your TV, such as selling or transferring it, it is best to perform a full reset. This helps to remove all user data and return to factory default settings.