If you want the short answer, then yes – Paramount Plus has Live TV in their service. The good news is that Live TV is included in both the standard subscription and Paramount Plus with SHOWTIME. However, in the case of the last one, you also get the local CBS channel in addition to the standard channels.
The channels that Paramount Plus provides you with include CBS, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, and Smithsonian Channel. As I mentioned above, you can also watch local CBS channels if you buy a more expensive Paramount Plus subscription with SHOWTIME. With so many different channels, you can find something you like.
Let’s talk more about this feature below.
Are there any Live TV channels on Paramount Plus?
Yes, Paramount Plus indeed provides live TV broadcasting. This platform, having evolved from CBS All Access, stands out amongst numerous streaming competitors because of its unique blend of an extensive on-demand content library and live broadcasting capabilities. This allows subscribers to watch their favorite movies and TV shows and stay updated with real-time events by watching live broadcasts.
In doing so, Paramount Plus aims to cater to a broad spectrum of viewing preferences. As the streaming landscape becomes more saturated, the inclusion of live TV sets Paramount Plus apart, offering a valuable feature that many other platforms lack. This combination of on-demand and live content ensures that subscribers have a universal entertainment solution at their fingertips.
What Paramount Plus plans include Live TV channels
Paramount Plus offers two service plans. Both plans offer full access to live TV channels. However, there are some restrictions. Let’s take a closer look at them:
- Paramount+ Essential: This plan, which costs $6 per month or $60 per year (a savings of $12 off the monthly subscription fee), gives you access to on-demand and live TV content. However, with this plan, you won’t be able to save content to your devices, you’ll have intermittent ads, and you won’t have access to the local CBS channel.
- Paramount+ with SHOWTIME: This plan costs $12 per month or $120 per year ($24 savings on the monthly fee if you prepay). While the on-demand content is ad-free, the live content contains ads (ads embedded in the channel’s program, not ads from Paramount Plus). In addition, this tariff plan allows you to download content for offline viewing, and you will be able to access local CBC channels. You will also have access to SHOWTIME content.
For more details on Paramount Plus plans and their benefits, click here. You can choose any of them since Live channels are available in all plans. If you are not interested in local news, you will be better off subscribing to a cheaper plan, as you will get all Live TV channels except for local CBS.
How to watch Paramount Plus Live TV
Before anything else, ensure that you have an active subscription to Paramount Plus. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can do so on their official website. After that, you need to:
- Open Paramount Plus and sign in with your account credentials.
- Once logged in, look for a tab labeled “LIVE TV” on the top or side of your screen, depending on your device. Click or tap on this tab.
- Under the “LIVE TV” tab, a list of available live channels will be displayed. These include channels like your local CBS network, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, and ET Live. Simply choose the channel you want to watch by clicking or tapping on it.
After making your selection, the live feed for that channel will commence, allowing you to view the channel’s current broadcasting content. If you want to change to another live channel or revert to on-demand content, go back to the “LIVE TV” tab and select a different channel or navigate to the desired section of the app or website.
What channels are included in Paramount Plus Live TV
Paramount Plus Live TV incorporates diverse channel hubs, ensuring subscribers get a comprehensive entertainment experience. When you access the platform’s Live TV section, you’ll be able to tap into several brand channel hubs and dedicated tabs. Specifically, the Paramount+ channel hubs include:
- CBS: This hub hosts a plethora of shows and content from the CBS network.
- Comedy Central: A haven for those seeking a good laugh, this channel features numerous comedy shows and specials.
- Nickelodeon: Perfect for younger audiences and the young at heart, Nickelodeon brings animated series, kids’ shows, and family-friendly content.
- MTV: Dive into a mix of reality shows, music content, and other popular MTV programs.
- BET: Focusing on content that appeals to African-American audiences, BET offers a mix of drama, comedy, and reality programming.
- Smithsonian Channel: A channel hub for curious minds, it showcases documentaries and programs centered around history, culture, and the sciences.
In addition, if you buy a subscription to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME, you get more local channels. Depending on your location in the United States, these channels may vary. You can find a full list of these channels in the expanding list below.
Can you watch Paramount Plus Live TV with a trial subscription?
Yes, with a trial subscription to Paramount+, you get access to the full package, including Live TV channels. This means that during the trial period, which typically lasts seven days, you can enjoy live TV channels and all other Paramount+ features in the same way as paid subscribers.
However, after the trial period ends, you must select a paid plan to continue accessing the platform’s content, including the Live TV feature. If you don’t like Paramount Plus, you can cancel your trial subscription at any time for free.
What devices support Paramount Plus Live TV?
Live TV channels are available on all devices where Paramount Plus is available. Read the detailed list of devices where you can install Paramount Plus below:
|Device Type||Specific Devices|
|Computers||Mac or Windows with any browser|
|Smartphones||iPhone (iOS 13 or higher) or Android|
|Tablets||iPad (iPadOS 13 or higher), Android and Amazon Fire Tablets|
|Set-top Boxes||Apple TV 4 (tvOS) & 5 (4K), FireTV devices, Roku, Chromecast, Fetch (Australia only), Foxtel (Australia only), Telstra TV (Australia only), Sky Q (UK & Ireland only), Sky Glass (UK only), Virgin Media (UK only)|
|Smart TVs||Android TV devices, Samsung TV (2017 or newer), LG TV (webOS 4.0 or higher, 2018 or newer models) VIDAA TV (Canada and Latam only, all Hisense TVs with VIDAA U4 or higher, 2020 to present)|