Playlists and Spotify. Almost every user of Spotify is using the feature to create playlists. From the music service’s expertly curated playlists to the ones assembled automatically. This is why the company has gone to great lengths to make its playlists shareable. It helps Spotify to gain popularity as there is a great chance that if you share your playlist with your friends, they will also install Spotify and become its listeners. The information below will explain how to share your playlist from Spotify.
How to share any Spotify playlist using your mobile phone
Being able to create playlists on Spotify is one of the service’s top features, but Spotify also has a feature that creates a playlist algorithmically. Regardless of how a playlist came to be on Spotify, sharing it follows the same process. To share a playlist from Spotify using your mobile phone, you should follow some steps below:
To share a Spotify playlist using the mobile app, you should:
- First of all, you should select a playlist. It can be chosen from the Home, Search, or Your Library tabs. You will see the name and the cover art of the playlist which would be displayed at first. Beneath the description, you’ll see a heart, a download icon, and three dots.
- After that, you should tap on the three dots in order to let the menu open. You’ll also notice that there’s a colored bar immediately below the cover art that has what appears to be an audio wave graphic — a series of long and short vertical lines next to the Spotify logo. This is your playlist’s share code, this link can be used by any user to immediately jump to the playlist.
- Then, you should click on that share code image and let your friend scan it using their smartphone’s camera. Alternatively, you can save that screen to your camera roll and send it (or post it) to anyone you like.
- If you want to see a wider list of options, you should scroll down to find it under the playlist’s cover art until you find “Share,” which will likely be the second-to-last option.
- You should click on Share in order to bring up a new screen, this time with all of your sharing options. It is imposrtant to remember that those sharing options may not be the same on every device. Currently, on iOS, share options include:
- Instagram Stories
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
- and a “More” option that uses iOS’ built-in sharing options like email and AirDrop.
Then you should follow the on-screen instructions that each option gives you in order to share your playlist using these platforms. Take a note, that those services will not have the same sharing process. Twitter, for instance, uses a URL link and automatically pre-populates a tweet with it.
There’s no option to send a DM instead. Sharing via Facebook, on the other hand, sends an image to the Facebook app along with a customized “Play on Spotify” button, which you can then share to your feed or your Facebook Story.
How to share your Spotify playlist from the Mac app
Spotify made the app UI appear roughly the same as on your mobile app. The main advantage is that the screen is bigger and it would be easier to navigate, however, the actions would be the same. To share your Spotify playlist from the Mac app, you should follow the steps which are displayed below:
- First of all, you should open your Spotify app on your Mac and click on the playlist that you would like to be shared in the menu on the left.
- Then, you should tap on the three vertical dots to the right of the green play button.
- Next, you should tap on Share and copy the link to your playlist. After doing that, your playlist will be available for sharing and uploading to any platform.
You can also take a shortcut and right-click on the playlist in the left-hand menu. Then, click Share to copy the link.
All in all, as you can see, the process is not as difficult as you may think. Hope the article was helpful for you.