Spotify is a digital music, podcast, and video service that gives you access to millions of songs and other content from creators all over the world.
Spotify ensures that its collaborative playlist feature gives you and other Spotify users an opportunity to “team up to make the ultimate playlist”. Any of your Spotify playlists can be turned into collaborative. To do that, you should let your friends add, remove, and reorder tracks. You can even see everyone who is contributing to the playlist via their user avatars in the playlist header. You may see the avatar of each person who has added some changes to the collaborative playlist.
How to start a Spotify collaborative playlist
If you want to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify, using your mobile device, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should open the latest version of the Spotify mobile app.
- Then, you should click on Your Library.
- After that, you should press on Playlists and choose a playlist that you have created.
- Next, you should click on the add User button.
- Then, you should press on Make Collaborative.
- In the end, your playlist will be available to share with your friends on Spotify.
If you want to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify, using your desktop, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should open Spotify.
- Then, you should do a right-click on playlist in the left panel.
- Then, you should choose Collaborative Playlist.
- After that, your playlist will be ready to share with your friends.
You can only invite people to collaborate on a playlist that you’ve created. (The playlist will have a Circle icon to show if it’s collaborative.)
How to add someone’s Collaborative playlist to your Library
If you want someone to open and listen to your playlist, you may send them a link, clicking on which will take them to your playlist. However, unless they want to find and use that same link every time, they should add the playlist to their Library.
You can add a playlist to your Spotify Library. In this way, it will save it to your personal collection of playlists, making it easy to find and open anytime.
If you want to save the Collaborative playlist to your Library you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open its link and load it in the Spotify app.
- After that, you should press on the heart icon which is located underneath the playlist’s name.
And here you are, your playlist is added to your Spotify Library.
How to add songs to a Collaborative Spotify playlist
If you want to add songs to a Collaborative playlist just like any other playlist, there are a few methods. Those methods you can see below:
- In the desktop app, clicking and dragging a song into the playlist
- Clicking or tapping the three dots next to a song and selecting Add to playlist
- Using the Recommended Songs feed at the bottom of the playlist
You are able to delete songs in the same way also.
Only the playlist’s original owner can change the playlist’s picture and title.
Every song that gets added will have a name, initial, or picture next to it that notes who added it to the playlist. And if you’re using the desktop Spotify app, you will be able to see when they have been added too.
So, all in all, the process isn’t as hard as you may think. Hope the article has helped you in solving the issue with Spotify Collaborative Playlists.