If you’re faced with the audio renderer error on YouTube, you don’t have to worry about it. Although YouTube is a wonderful and most popular service for watching videos on a variety of topics. Moreover, you can definitely find something you’re interested in or something that can help you if you have a question.
However, in spite of all this, YouTube can sometimes fail. In most cases, these are minor glitches that are resolved by YouTube developers in a short period of time. On the other hand, some problems you can easily solve on your own.
Well, if you want to resolve the audio renderer error, you have to be aware that there are simple and straightforward ways to avoid this error. So, here’s how you can do it.
What does the audio renderer error mean
The audio renderer error appears on YouTube when you see a blank screen in the player with the specific message highlighted on the screen. This message is “Auto render error. Please restart your system”.
There are several possible reasons why it appears on your web browser’s screen:
- Various audio output devices simultaneously connected to the PC.
- Software errors.
Of course, you can immediately try to reboot your PC, as the message says. However, you shouldn’t rush, because you may be able to solve the problem faster and without rebooting using the steps described below.
How to fix the audio renderer error
If you want to fix the audio renderer error, you can use one or several methods below.
Reconnect the sound device
The first thing you can try is to reconnect your sound device. You can do this to make sure that there’s no weak connection between the device and the PC, so before proceeding with other steps, try to reconnect the device to the PC.
Close audio mixing software
Audio mixing software can take exclusive control of audio drivers, preventing the web browser from using them. If you have a similar program running in the background, quit it completely before watching YouTube.
Sound devices on/off
Turning off and on an audio device on your PC is another effective solution that can fix the audio rendering error. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the “Start” button and select “Device Manager”.
- Expand “Audio inputs and outputs”.
- Right-click on your default audio device and choose “Disable device”.
- Finally, click “Yes” to confirm change and right-click on the audio device again and select “Enable device”.
Run audio troubleshooter
There’s a chance that this error may be caused by a bug or glitch in the sound drivers. Therefore, to avoid further errors or crashes, you should run an audio troubleshooter on your PC. This method is effective because it fixes the latest errors in the PC.
If you want to do so, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, press the “Win” button and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Then, enter “Troubleshoot” in the search bar and select the “Find and fix audio playback problems” option.
- A new window with the “Playing Audio” option appears. Click “Next” and select a device you want to troubleshoot.
- After that, an error detection process will begin.
- If there’s an issue, you’ll see a repair strategy. Click “Yes” to fix it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- Finally, restart your PC and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Turn on the hardware acceleration
Sometimes it also helps to disable the hardware acceleration option in web browsers to help get rid of the audio renderer error on YouTube.
Thus, you should perform the following steps to disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome:
- Open your Chrome web browser.
- Click on the “three dots” button at the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings”.
- Then, scroll down and open “Advanced settings”.
- After that, go to the “System” section and disable the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
- Finally, restart your Google Chrome web browser.
If you want to disable hardware acceleration on your Mozilla Firefox web browser, you have to follow these steps:
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Then, navigate to the “General” section and scroll down to the “Performance” section.
- Finally, uncheck the box next to the “Use available hardware acceleration” button.
Once you have completed these steps, you have to restart your Mozilla Firefox web browser. Lastly, check whether this solution helps you to fix the audio renderer error on YouTube.
Restart your PC
YouTube itself suggests “Restart your computer” in the error message. Indeed, rebooting usually helps. However, if the error occurs frequently, rebooting every time isn’t the most convenient solution.