Communication between people in today’s world has reached a new level. Today you no longer have to meet someone in person to tell them something important. All you have to do is write to them on social media or call them on the phone. New technologies provide a fairly wide range of different tools for communication. You can write messages, send videos or pictures, you can call your friends with audio or video calls. These features are especially well implemented in one of the most popular social networks – Snapchat
Snapchat is a social networking service that allows you to chat or post anything you want with Snaps. These are such special videos or photo posts. In addition, the app offers many different filters to improve your posts. For example, you can make your face look like a dog or add a geotag to mark a special event or place you’ve visited.
Snapchat is available on both Android and iPhone. No wonder more than 190 Million users around the world use Snapchat every day. But to send Snap to your friend, you first have to find it in the Snapchat app.
How to find a person in Snapchat using the contacts in your phone
Finding people on Snapchat is pretty easy. One of the easiest and most popular ways is to use your phone contact list to find people. To do this you need:
- Install the Snapchat app from App Store or Google Play Store
- Open the app and sign in to your account or create a new one
- In the top left-hand corner of your screen, tap your profile icon, it may appear as a Bitmoji
- Immediately below your profile information, tap “Find friends on Snapchat“
- This will take you to the function to sync your phone’s contacts to the Snapchat app
- Next, you need to confirm that you want to find your friends by syncing your contacts
- You will then be asked for permission to allow the app to access your contacts
- Once you synchronize with the contacts on your phone, any of your contacts with a Snapchat account with that phone number will be added to the list. To add your friend just press PLUS after his name
How to add a friend by scanning a user’s Snapcode
Each Snapchat user has a unique Snapcode. This is basically a QR code that can be scanned in the app to find that user and add them immediately. To add a user using this method you need to :
- Open Snapchat
- Once in Snapchat, go to camera mode
- Ask another person to open the app and find their Snapcode
- Point your camera to the user’s Snapcode and tap and hold the screen for a few seconds before letting go
- The camera automatically scans the Snapcode and finds the other person’s account
- Tap Add Friend to add the person to your Snapchat contacts list
Also, keep in mind that a photo or screenshot of a Snapcode is enough for scanning. With these simple ways you can easily find your friends in Snapchat.