In order to create a private Snapchat story, you need to first tap on New Story. Then select New Private Story. Then you will see a list of your Snapchat friends, you need to choose who can see your story.
You can also change Snapchat story privacy settings. After that, these settings will be applied to all stories. First, open Settings. Then select View My Story. After that you need to tap on Custom and from the list select the people for whom your stories will be blocked.
If you need to remove or add someone to the list over time, it’s pretty easy to do. To do this, tap on Story Settings and select Custom.
So let’s get to it.
How to create a private Snapchat story?
A private Snapchat story is a story that you share with a specific group of friends rather than making it visible to all your friends or the public. When you create a private story, only the friends you selected will be able to view it. It will appear in their “Stories” section alongside other stories from their friends. Other users on Snapchat won’t be able to see this private story unless you’ve specifically included them in the recipient list.
To create a private Snapchat story, follow these steps:
- On the Snapchat camera screen, tap on your icon profile.
- Tap on “+ New Story“.
- From the options presented, select “New Private Story.”
- Choose a name that represents the content you’ll be sharing or the group of friends you want to include.
- Once you’ve added your desired friends, tap on the “Create Story” button to create the private story.
Your private story will now be shown to selected friends and they can view it on their Snapchat app.
How to change Snapchat story privacy settings?
To change the default privacy settings for all your Snapchat stories, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the profile icon at the screen’s top left corner to access your profile.
- On your profile page, select “Settings” to access your Snapchat account settings.
- Tap on “View My Story” option.
- On the “View My Story” screen, you can choose who can view your story. Tap Custom.
- Select the desired privacy setting for your story. You can choose from the following options:
- My Friends: Only your Snapchat friends can view your story.
- Custom: You can manually select specific friends who can view your story.
- Select the users you want to hide Stories from and tap Block.
From now on, whenever you post a new story on Snapchat, the default privacy setting you’ve chosen will be applied to that story. This setting will be automatically applied to all your stories unless you manually change the privacy setting for a specific story when posting it.
How to add or remove viewers in your private Snapchat story?
You can add and remove friends from the private story watch list. Only users in the watch list can see and interact with content added to the private story.
To add or remove viewers in your private story on Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap on the three-dot line to the right of the Add to My Story.
- Then select “Story Settings” from the list.
- Tap on “Custom”.
- Uncheck the required users and add new users if needed.
- Tap on “Block.”
After following the steps below, you will be able to manage the viewers in your personal Snapchat story adding or removing certain friends according to your preferences. Don’t forget to review and adjust your list of viewers as needed to ensure the privacy and target audience of your personal story.
Will other people know that I’ve made a private story on Snapchat?
No, other people will not know specifically if you’ve made a private story on Snapchat. The privacy settings you choose for your story are not visible to others.
They can only see whether they have access to view your story or not based on the settings you’ve selected. For example, if you set your story to be visible to “Friends” only, those who are your Snapchat friends will be able to view it, while others won’t even know that you’ve posted a story.
Similarly, if you choose the “Custom” option and select specific friends, only those friends will know they have access to view your private story. The privacy of your story settings is maintained, and others won’t have any indication that you’ve made a private story unless they are granted access to view it.