Most social networks add to their functionality the ability to filter out users who can see the content you post. This means that you, as the account owner, can choose from your list of followers who can see your stories or posts and who can’t.
This trend has not escaped Snapchat. On this social network, you can also post private stories.
Here’s what you have to be aware of to create a private story on Snapchat, and what is going to happen after you send it.
How to make a private story on Snapchat
If you want to make a private story on Snapchat, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your mobile device and sign into your account;
- Then, tap your profile icon at the top-left of screen;
- Choose the button labeled “+ Private Story” or “+ Custom Story” under the “Stories” section. Snapchat may ask you to confirm that you want to make a private story. Just tap “Private Story” again;
- Tap each follower that you want to allow to see your personal story;
- Take a photo or video, edit and add stickers or tags as desired and, finally, tap the send button.