Sometimes, users accidentally delete their photos on Instagram or just want to renew them over some time has passed. You’re provided with this opportunity. Keep on reading to know more.
How to renew deleted photos
There is a feature on Instagram, called “Recently Deleted“. It gives users an opportunity to restore posts possessing photos, videos, reels, and IGTV videos as well as stories that have been deleted. If this feature is turned off, a deleted post couldn’t be recovered.
All the deleted photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos, and stories are now held in the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder. Deleted stories that aren’t in your archive will be kept in the folder for up to 24 hours while other posts stay in the folder for 30 days before they’re permanently deleted.
How to restore deleted Instagram posts via “Recently deleted”
If you want to restore deleted Instagram posts via “Recently deleted”, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Instagram app and then, you should head to your Instagram Profile.
- After that, you should click on the hamburger icon whch may be found at the top-right corner of the screen and click on Your Activity.
- Then, you should look for ‘Recently deleted’ which may be found at the bottom of the menu.
- Next, you can look over your recently deleted posts and stories including IGTV and Reels.
- After that, you should tap on the post that you want to restore and then click on the three dots icon.
- There will be two options: Delete and Restore to delete it permanently or restore the post.
- Then, you would be required to confirm that it’s you. You will get the option to receive one-time password (OTP) on your phone number or email ID connected to the Instagram account.
- After that, you will get the OTP.
- To complete the process, you would be required to enter the OTP to restore the post.
How to restore photos from Instagram Archive
To restore photos from Instagram Archive, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of al, you should open Instagram app and tap on your profile picture the bottom.
- After that, you should tap on the Menu icon which can be found at the top-right corner and click on Your Activity.
- Next click on Archived.
- After the Archive folder will be displayed, you should tap on the drop down and select from Stories archive, Posts archive, or Live archive options, from where you lost photos or videos.
- To complete the process, you should select the image which you want and tap on the 3 dots. Then, you should tap on Show on Profile. Lost videos and photos would be returned since then.
How to restore Instagram photos from Gallery/Albums on Android or iPhone
Each photo or video that has been uploaded on Instagram, will automatically be saved in the Gallery Album of your Android under the ‘Instagram’ named folder. On iPhone, the uploaded file is kept in Albums in the Photos app.
If you have accidentally deleted or can’t find photos or videos on Instagram, they can be found in the ‘Instagram’ folder in Android Gallery or iPhone’s Album.
How to restore photos from “Recently Deleted” on iPhone or iPad
If you want to restore Instagram photos from “Recently Deleted” on iPhone/ iPad, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Photos app on your iOS device.
- After that, you should click on Albums and then head to Recently Deleted.
- To complete the process, you should select photos or videos that you want to be restored and tap on Recover.
How to save Instagram Photos to Phone to avoid losing items
- Head to your profile and tap three lines.
- Go to Settings, then head to Account, after that go Original Photos (iOS) or Original Posts (Android).
- To complete the process, click next to Save Original Photos (iOS) or Save Original Posts (Android) to enable it.
When you turn on Save Original Photos or Save Original Posts, each photo with the post also is saved to your phone’s library.