Every year the functionality of televisions becomes more and more diverse. However, you can greatly expand the functionality of your TV by turning it into your home PC. In addition to remote access to your PC and screen display, you can access MS Office 365 directly and work with documents on the TV screen.
With Remote Access, you can connect PCs, smartphones, and tablets wirelessly to select Samsung Smart TVs.
You can display games, apps, and more on your TV in the same Wi-Fi network using smartphones and tablets, or PCs. Once connected, you can use your device to control the content on the screen.
A great solution is to connect your keyboard and mouse to your TV. You can connect these devices via wire or Bluetooth. You can find how to do this here. In fact, you can make your TV almost a complete PC.
How to use remote access to connect your PC to the TV
You can connect your Windows 10 PC to Samsung TVs with Remote Access (versions 2019 and later) in 3 ways:
- Remote PC feature
- Screen Share feature
- MS Office 365 feature
Now let’s look at them in more detail
This feature allows you to remotely control your PC over an IP network using your Smart TV. To use this method, you need to know your PC IP username and password. You must connect a keyboard and mouse to the TV before connecting to your PC.
To use this feature, your PC must have Windows 7 Professional or later. If you have MAC, you must have MAC OSX 10.5 or later with VNC (Virtual Network Computing for Mac). To connect a PC remotely you need to:
- From the “Smart Hub” menu, select “Source”, and then select “Remote Access”
- From the “Remote Access” menu bar, select “Remote PC”
- Enter the user name, password, and IP address of your PC
- Turn on the “Allow Remote Control” setting on your PC
- Turn on the remote desktop setting on your PC
- Go to the “System” menu on your PC control panel
- Select “Remote Desktop”
- Activate this feature
Screen Sharing allows you to display the PC screen on the TV and vice versa. This feature works only with Windows 10 Professional or later versions. To activate this feature you need to:
- Connect your TV and PC to the same Wi-Fi network
- On your desktop, open the notification of the taskbar
- You need to find “Control Center” or “Device”
- Select “Connection” or “Projection”
- You will be presented with a list of available devices and you need to select the TV you want to connect to
Now you are connected to your TV
Office 365 is a feature based on the cloud-based TV browser service and allows you to access MS Office 365 web pages. You can work with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents through the remote access feature. To access this function you need to:
- You need to open “Remote access” on your Samsung Smart TV
- On the remote access panel, select the Office 365 icon
- Enter your Microsoft Office account username and password
Now you can use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your TV