Nowadays, it has become very easy to communicate with people on the Internet. You can use social networks, messengers, or audio and video conferencing apps to do this.
Of course, it’s most comfortable when you can hear your friend’s speech “live”. Discord is exactly the kind of application that will help you and your friends to communicate with each other using audio or video format.
Hearing the voice of someone across town or across the country is very cool, but sometimes different moments in a constant audio or video chat can be annoying. If you’re having a voice chat with someone and someone is typing too loudly, eating close to the microphone, or disturbing the conversation, it can be really stressful.
Of course, the easiest solution would be to mute the sound completely, but then you wouldn’t be able to hear other speakers. Fortunately, Discord offers several mute options. You can mute your voice channels so you don’t have to hear their speech. And if someone texts you too often, you can mute them so they don’t receive notifications.
Well, here’s how to mute someone on Discord in a few simple steps.
How to mute someone on a Discord server
If you want to mute someone on Discord, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Discord app on your PC or mobile device and sign in to your Discord account, if needed.
- Then, join the voice channel that the person you want to mute is in.
- Right-click or tap on the user’s nickname to open a menu.
- After that, click or tap on the “Mute” option. The voice should dissappear immediately.
- If you have the appropriate permissions – for example, if you are an administrator – you can also choose the “Server Mute” option, which will mute everyone on the server, not just you.
Once you have completed these steps, you will mute someone in a voice channel or all on a Discord server.
How to mute someone’s message notifications on Discord
If someone writes you too many messages, you can turn off notifications of their messages. Keep in mind, however, that you can only do this in the desktop version of Discord.
So, if you want to mute someone’s message notifications on Discord, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, open the Discord app on your PC and sign in to your Discord account, if needed.
- After that, navigate to your “Home” page. To do that, just click on the Discord logo at the top of your server list on the left.
- Next, right-click the name of any person in your friends or direct message list and select “Mute” from the menu.
- In the end, a small menu will open where you can choose how long you want to mute someone. Choose any option.
Once you have completed these steps, you will mute someone’s message notifications on Discord.
How to completely disable all sounds in Discord
In order for users to completely mute the sound in Discord, the developers offer the following sequence of actions:
- Launch the Discord app on your device or in the web browser.
- Then, perform the authorization in the personal account. After pressing the corresponding button, you must enter your personal login and password.
- The next step is to go to the settings section by clicking on the gear icon.
- After that, go to the category of additional parameters of the app located on the left side of the control panel.
- Now, select the “Voice and Video” category from the list provided.
- In the newly opened form, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to go to the subsection of muting apps.
In the final step, you need to mute the sound to the minimum allowable parameters.