Modern models of LG TVs isn’t just a TV, it has long been something more. There really aren’t many people who use their TV to watch cable TV these days. For many people, it has been relegated to the back burner. Nowadays, Smart TV is used to the maximum, enjoying quality video content.
Plus, in addition to having the perfect picture transmission in your home in the form of your TV, you can customize your TV for all your needs. Among the more useful settings is the ability to enable or disable closed captioning, helping those with hearing impairments. Also, there may be different reasons why you may need to enable subtitles, for this you will need to refer to the settings of your LG TV.
Where are subtitles on LG Smart TV
If you suddenly find yourself in a situation where you need to turn on subtitles, it can be done quite easily. Since having a modern LG TV, you have a lot of opportunities in front of you. The popular LG Smart TV series has a huge screen size and HD resolution. A lot of accessibility settings to customize the TV according to your needs. One of the useful settings and features that these TVs give their users is the inclusion of subtitles.
All you need to do is follow some steps in the settings menu. This is actually a very useful feature, as life situations can be different. Subtitles are actively used not only by people with hearing impairments. In addition, other models, such as Samsung TV, also have this function. If you need to turn on subtitles on Samsung TV, you can learn how to do it.
Why would you turn on subtitles on an LG TV
Actually, you can have many reasons to turn on subtitles on LG TV, but first, you should find out if there is a difference between subtitles and closed captioning. Before you deal with the settings, this will help you not get confused. Also, if you don’t know the labels or have trouble changing or adjusting anything in the settings section of your LG TV, you can find out what to select in each of the sections to get results.
In general, it serves a common purpose, to allow TV users to see the text, in addition to the audio. The type of subtitles is set when you create them. If all sounds in the video, such as music, banging, coughing, and others, are duplicated in the subtitles, it’s called closed captioning. If only dialogs and conversations are duplicated in the subtitles then it’s called standard subtitles.
Now that you understand their designations, you can understand for what purposes you may need subtitles. If you consider this question, it’s obvious that it’s a necessity for the hearing impaired. However, people can also use this feature for their comfort. The first and most popular purpose for which subtitles are used is to learn languages. This is the most effective method of learning a foreign language while on vacation.
For a beginner, some of the phrases and conversations in the film may be unintelligible, but if you have subtitles in front of you, it will be much easier to understand what is being said. You can use the streaming service and watch Netflix on LG Smart TV for this purpose. At the bottom of the panel, when you select a movie, enable subtitles in a foreign language. So you can develop yourself during your rest.
What steps to take to turn on subtitles on LG TV released prior to 2014
The important point is that the algorithm to turn on subtitles for TV sets produced earlier and later is slightly different. However, in spite of this, it’s easy to understand. Therefore, to enable subtitles on LG TV released prior to 2014 you need to follow these steps:
- The first step is to turn on your LG TV. Press the power button on the remote control or the power button directly on your LG TV.
- After that, you’ll need to click on the gear icon that leads to the TV settings menu.
- Then when you have the LG TV settings menu open, scroll down to the ‘Options’ menu.
- Next click on ‘Caption’, this is where the subtitle settings are labeled.
- You need to drag the subtitle slider to ‘On’.
After these simple steps, you will be able to see subtitles when watching video content that is broadcasted on your LG TV. Another important point is that all LG TV released prior to 2014 doesn’t succumb to changes in subtitles. That is, it has only one style of subtitles. In newer models, it’s possible to change the color, size, and font style of the subtitles. In addition, it’s also possible to change what is behind the subtitles to make the subtitles easier to read for each individual user.
What steps to take to turn on subtitles on LG TV released after 2014
Your steps to enable subtitles on LG TV released after 2014 will be similar, but it’s still worth sticking to the steps that match the year of release of your TV, so you can figure it out faster. So to enable subtitles on LG TV released after 2014 you need to follow these steps:
- You need to turn on your LG TV in order to turn on the subtitle function later.
- Then press the ‘Home’ button on the remote control. This button shows the home icon.
- Next, you need to select the settings gear icon in the top right corner of your TV after you have pressed the ‘Home’ button.
- After that, you need to scroll down to the ‘Accessibility’ menu to open the closed captioning settings.
- The subtitle settings will then be marked as ‘Closed Captioning’.
- The final step is to toggle this setting to ‘On’ to enable subtitles.
Since you have LG TV released after 2014 you can change the subtitle settings. For example, make the subtitles have the same style, size, and font. You can even customize them for each TV user. In order to adjust these extra options, open the ‘Digital Mode Options’ submenu.
- How to get LG TV out of Demo Mode or Store Mode
- How to watch Hulu on LG TV
- How to watch Disney Plus on LG Smart TV
What steps to take to turn off subtitles on LG TV
Turn off subtitles on LG TV quickly and easily enough, you may need this as subtitles can be annoying. When it’s no longer needed and you need to remove them because it obscure the picture on your TV, it’s easy to do. So to turn off subtitles on LG TV follow these steps:
- The first step to turning off subtitles is to open the settings menu. Follow the instructions above to turn it on.
- Next scroll down to the ‘Options’ menu, if your TV is an older model. If your TV was released after 2014 scroll down to the ‘Accessibility’ menu.
- Then click on ‘Caption’ and drag the slider to ‘Off’. For a newer TV model, under ‘Closed Captioning’ drag the slider to ‘Off’.
As you have understood from these steps, you need to do the same steps exactly as to enable subtitles, only at the end select ‘Off’. So after these steps, you will be able to disable subtitles if it started to disturb you when watching movies, TV series, and other TV shows, as it’s quite easy to do.
If by the fact that you’re distracted subtitles you had to turn them off, you have interfered with the advertising can fight this. As it can cause discomfort and is also be visually stressful. You can learn how to turn off ads on LG TV to be able to get the most out of watching video content on your LG TV.