If you’ve ever been to an electronic store, you may have noticed that the Smart TVs section looks very attractive with TVs that display some beautiful pictures. All of this visual content can be viewed in the Store Mode. You may wonder what this mode is used for? It is used to show the user the best features and qualities of the TV. You’ll be able to see the quality of the picture, sound, speakers, etc.
This mode is used on all TVs in the store and the LG ones aren’t an exception. So, if your TV is brand new, and it’s still in the Store Mode, it’s not a problem, we know how to help you to get your LG TVs out of Demo or Store Mode.
How to turn off Demo Mode or Store Mode on LG TV
When you first time use your frequently bought LG TV, you may notice that it still shows the mode that could be viewed in the store. This mode is called Demo mode. The name of the mode literally explains what it does. Through this mode, you can see the demo versions of all available features of this TV. However, this mode is used only to attract customers to the shop, as when you want to use it, there’s no need to stay with this mode. So, the first you need to do is to turn off the demo mode on LG TV. This feature is also presented on many TVs like Samsung and the process of getting out of the Demo Mode isn’t difficult at all.
Thankfully you can do this with just a few clicks of your LG remote control.
What are the types of modes on LG TV
There are two modes that are presented on your LG TV. Home Mode and Demo Mode. As was mentioned before, Demo Mode is used when the TV stays in the shop to display the best functions and features that are provided by the TV. It has two more names: Retail Demo and Store Mode. The second mode is called Home one. It’s used to watch your favorite content and experience the wide range of features that are offered by your device.
How to switch off Demo Mode on your LG TV
While using your TV, you definitely want to enjoy watching your favorite movies or TV shows, but not the demos of the features that are available on this device. So, if you have just bought the LG TV, the first thing that should be done is to turn off the Demo/Store Mode.
If you want to switch off Demo Mode on your LG TV, you should follow the prompts which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on the LG TV and wait until the load menu would be displayed on the screen.
- After that, you should click on “Home” when the option would be displayed.
- Then, you should let the cable/satellite receiver (or TV antenna) join the LG television.
- To complete the process, you should click on “Scan for channels” when the LG TV asks what you want to do. After that, you’ll see all the available content or channels that can be presented by this TV and then they would be programmed into the memory of your device.
Since then, your LG TV won’t be in the Demo Mode and you’ll be able to use your device fully.
How to turn off Demo Mode on LG Netcast TV
If you’re a user of an LG Netcast TV, the Demo Mode can also annoy you, as you won’t be able to watch your favorite content while staying in this mode. Fortunately, the only thing you’ll need to get out of it is a remote control. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should take your remote and click on the Settings or Menu button.
- After that, you should head to Options and tap on Mode Setting.
- To complete the process, you should click on Home Mode. After that, you’ll be able to use all the options on your TV.
Since then, your LG TV won’t be in the Demo Mode and you can watch your favorite movies and entertain yourself.
How to disable Demo Mode on LG TVs
Turning off the Demo Mode gives you an opportunity to use the whole range of options which are presented by your TV. You can stream content, watch some videos, and movies and just entertain yourself. However, you can make your experience more pleasant if you turn off ads on your LG TV.
One more way to switch off Demo Mode on LG TVs is webOS. To do that, you should follow the prompts which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your LG TV and tap on the Home button.
- After that, you should click on the Settings icon which can be found in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, you should take a look at the bottom right side and find and tap on All Settings.
- Next, you should click on General and tap on Home/Store Mode.
- To complete the process, you should tap on Home Mode.
When your TV is in the Home Mode, it means that since then, you won’t use your TV only for viewing beautiful pictures, but also for watching the content and experiencing the full range of features and options.
How to switch off Demo Mode without remote
Sometimes, you may lose your remote control or just leave it somewhere far away from you. In this case, you may start thinking that you definitely need to find it, but, all of a fortune, the Demo Mode can be disabled without the remote.
To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should find the Home or Menu button which is located on the back or at the sides of your TV.
- After that, you should click and hold the button for about 20 seconds.
- In this way, the Demo Mode would be disabled. To complete the process, you should wait for the message saying Demo Mode: Off for verification.
If your TV keeps going into the Demo Mode, you can try to restart it. Keep on reading to know how to do that.
How to restart LG TV using a remote
The remote is hardware that each TV has, but for Smart TVs, it should be paired, so for LG TV as well as for Samsung TV, there are some steps to pair the remote.
In the LG Smart TV remote, there is no reboot button. You have to get into the Settings menu to restart your LG TV. To do that, you should follow the prompts which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should click on the Home button on the remote and head to Settings.
- After that, you should head to General and then click on User Agreements.
- Then, you should discard the agreement to Private Policy.
- Next, you’ll be required to restart the device.
- To complete the process, you should start using the LG Smart TV as usual.
Since then, the restart process would begin. After you have restarted your LG TV, many bugs would be fixed.
- How to use Multi View on LG Smart TV
- How to connect headphones to LG TV
- How to connect two Magic remotes to an LG TV
How to restart LG TV without a remote
Not only restarting your LG TVs can fix many problems, but also restarting your Sony TVs.
As many users have a tendency to forget the remote control somewhere far, having an opportunity to do the basic things without it is great. Fortunately, you also don’t need to have a remote control with you to restart your LG TV.
To do that you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should click on the Power button of your LG TV and hold it for 10 seconds.
- After that, you’ll be asked to choose between the Reset or Restart option on the screen.
- To complete the process, you should click on the Restart option and your TV will get restarted.
Moreover, not only restarting your device may fix some bugs, and also clearing the cache. It’s important to clear the cache on your device.
As you can see, there’s nothing difficult in managing your LG TVs.