Xbox is a very popular console nowadays. Many people use Bluetooth Xbox One controllers for years, but never know how to turn them off via Bluetooth on mobile or PC without yanking the batteries. On Xbox, you should simply hold the button, and a new menu that allows you to turn it off will be displayed. On mobile phones with Project xCloud and on PCs with Bluetooth, however, this menu will not be available.
Turns out, that it’s actually incredibly easy to solve, with a quick 6-second Xbox button press.
How to turn off an Xbox controller connected with Bluetooth
When paired with any device using Bluetooth, the Xbox Wireless Controller doesn’t switch itself off when you turn off the device it’s connected to. There is a simple way to switch off the controller when it’s paired using Bluetooth.
The Xbox Wireless Controller can be paired to multiple devices other than your Xbox Series X or S. It can be also used with your Apple TV, with most iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones, and with your PC, too.
When it’s connected to an Xbox, the controller will turn off when the console will be switched off. However, this isn’t the case when you pair the Xbox controller with other devices.
If you have faced the same problem, you should follow the next steps to solve it:
- First of all, you should find the Xbox button in the center top of your controller.
- Then, you should press and hold it down approximately for six seconds.
- It should now turn off.
- Turning it back on should automatically re-connect it to the last available Bluetooth connection.
- Keep in mind, that if you hold it down for 15 seconds it will do a full hard-reboot of the controller, which may fix some rare firmware issues.
So the process is not complicated at all.
With Project xCloud hitting Android phones and the latest Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rocking Bluetooth for tablets and PCs, it’s high time everyone learned how to turn it off the proper way.
What you should remember
- Bluetooth requires a PC should be always up to date in order to let the Bluetooth work properly.
- In addition to this, you should always keep your controller up to date.
- You can connect the Xbox Wireless Controller using Bluetooth to many PCs, tablets, laptops, and VR/AR headsets. However, reliability depends on on the device’s Bluetooth card and experiences may differ.
- Xbox Wireless Controllers can only be connected to one device at a time. If you’ve paired it with your mobile device, you’ll need to reconnect it to your console. To do that, you should: First, press the Pair button on the console and your controller to reconnect your controller. When you want to cloud game or control your console remotely, you can reconnect your controller to your mobile device using your Bluetooth connection.
- Attachments, such as headsets, chatpads, or the Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter are not supported by Bluetooth.
- It’s recommended to have only one wireless controller which will be connected using Bluetooth. Connecting more than one controller with Bluetooth may be possible, but performance can vary depending on your device.
Hope the article was helpful for you.