Today’s world is moving forward, and with it, so is TV technology. Today, you have more choices about how you watch television than ever before. Amazon’s Fire Stick is an amazing device. Despite growing competition from Google, Apple, and Roku, their Fire TV lineup continues to be one of the best ways to stream movies, music, TV, and more.
Almost all streaming video services now have apps. This helps them interact not only with smartphones and computers but also with TVs and set-top boxes. Of course, without remote control, watching new releases on Netflix can seem impossible. If you’ve lost or broken your Fire TV remote, you may feel like all hope is lost.
Of course, different situations happen in life. Even so, you should know that there are plenty of ways to get around without a lost remote, whether you need it urgently or have time to order a replacement. So, here is how to set up Amazon Fire Stick without a remote.
How to set up Amazon Fire Stick using the app
The first thing you need to do is to unbox your Fire TV Stick and connect it to your TV. Just connect the USB micro cable to the power adapter. The other end of the cable should be connected to the Fire TV Stick. After that, you have to plug your Fire TV Stick into the HDMI port of your TV.
Now, if you don’t have a remote control in the package, you can download the Amazon Fire TV app. It is available for iOS and Android devices. Once you have downloaded and installed this app on your mobile device, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon Fire TV app on your mobile device and select your TV. Make sure that your TV and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then, sign up or sign in to your Amazon account using your credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in, your TV will display a 4-digit code.
- Enter this code in the mobile app in order to pair your mobile device to the Fire TV Stick.
Once you have completed these steps, you will see a prompt that both the software and TV are paired with each other.
How to set up Amazon Fire Stick using an Echo or Echo Dot
If you want to set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick without a remote using an Echo or Echo Dot, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
- After that, tap on the “More” tab and open the “Settings” menu.
- Tap on the “TV & Video” link under “Alexa Preferences”.
- Then, choose Fire TV from the list of options.
- Finally, tap “Link Your Alexa Device”.
Once you have completed these steps, just follow the final setup instructions to link your gadgets together. You can also link individual service providers in this menu, including Prime Video, Hulu, NBC, and others. These skills allow you to use the commands for specific services, not Fire TV as a whole, and are worth setting up for the services you pay for each month.
How to purchase a new Amazon remote and set up the Fire TV Stick
If you have enough money and time, you can buy a new remote control for your Fire TV Stick. There are two models of the Amazon remote. So make sure to check its product description before purchasing it.
After you have received your new remote control from Amazon, you can start to connect it to your Fire TV. Here is how to do this:
- Plug your Amazon Fire TV Stick into your TV.
- Press and hold the “Select” and “Home” buttons on your remote control.
- Finally, wait until your remote connect to your TV. It usually lasts about one minute.
You have also to be aware that you can’t use your Fire TV Stick without an Amazon account.