Discord is a unique platform for communication among Internet users. You can communicate by voice and video, create your own servers to communicate or join already created ones, share various data, and simply chat. You can also share your screen to show, for example, a presentation for your work or study. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can share your screen in Discord.
How to share your screen via Discord on desktop
If you want to share your screen via Discord on your desktop you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open Discord app on your PC and navigate to the server you want to stream in;
- Go to the voice channel and click on the “Screen” option in the bottom left corner. If this option is grayed out, it means that you do not have permission to stream in this channel, and you will have to ask the server moderator to change your role;
- In the next screen, you can select the screen or window you want to share;
- After that, select your streaming quality and frame rate. If you have Discord Nitro, you can stream at 1080p or higher at 60FPS. Otherwise, you will be limited to 720p at 30FPS;
- Click “Go Live” and you will start the stream in the voice channel;
- If you want to end your stream, just disconnect from the voice channel or click the “Screen” option in the bottom left side of the screen.
You also have an opportunity to stream your screen in a private call. After starting a call, click the “computer screen with an arrow” icon and follow the instructions above.
How to share your screen via Discord on smartphone
If you want to share your screen via Discord on your Apple or Android device, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Discord app on your mobile device and navigate to the server and voice channel you want to stream in;
- Tap the “phone with an arrow” icon at the bottom of the screen;
- You will be prompted to give Discord permission to record your screen. To do this, tap “Start Now” or “Start Broadcasting”;
- To stop the stream, you have to go back to Discord and tap “Stop sharing”.
Of course, you can share your mobile device screen in a private call too. Just start a call and then tap the “phone with an arrow” icon.