Google Chrome is famous for its user-friendly interface and easy synchronization with different devices. In addition to all this, there is the customization of the interface, i.e. you can change the color scheme of your browser, the font, and its size, as well as zooming in on pages of websites.
How to set a default zoom level for all websites in Chrome
In order to have a comfortable and convenient scale for browsing web pages in Google Chrome need only set certain parameters in the Settings. And then all sites will have one specific zoom. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the three vertical dots in the top right of your Chrome browser. In this drop-down menu, click Settings
- Scroll down to the Appearance section. Open the Page Zoom drop-down menu and choose the zoom setting that suits for you. You are also able to adjust Chrome’s default font size in the drop-down menu just above Page Zoom. After you have chosen that, this option will apply across all websites you visit in Chrome unless you’ve already set a specific zoom level for the specific site
How to set a default zoom level for specific website in Chrome
Sometimes you can come across a poorly designed website with small font, or on the contrary, very bulky. And it’s not very nice if you have to use it very often in this format. However, if you don’t have the ability to influence the design of the site, then Google provides functionality that will help to view the page in a more comfortable mode. Here’s how to make a certain website in a pleasing to the eye zoom:
- Click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of Chrome. In this drop-down menu, click the Minus (–) or Plus (+) icons to zoom out or in, respectively
- You can also use these handy keyboard shortcuts to quickly set a default zoom for a website. Press Ctrl on Windows and Cmd on Mac while performing any of the following: scroll in or out with your mouse, or press the Minus (–) or Plus (+) key.
- To make zoom by default again simply press Ctrl + 0
How to manage Zoom settings in Chrome
There is another way to change the default page scale in Settings in the browser. To set a specific zoom level for specific sites, use this guide:
- Click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of Chrome and then select Settings. Click Advanced and then select the Privacy and Security option
- Scroll down and click Site Settings
- After that, locate the Zoom Levels option. In this menu, you can view the custom zoom levels you’ve set for any given website. Click the X icon to delete this setting. Currently, Chrome doesn’t allow you to set the zoom levels here
In case you have a hard time reading small text, or need to fit a wide webpage into a small screen, these methods should help you achieve a better and more efficient browsing experience.