Amazon Fire TV Stick is a tiny device that plugs into one of your TV’s HDMI ports and turns it into a Smart TV. Through this gadget, made in the form of a flash drive, you’ll be able to watch streaming video services Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, etc.
If you have purchased this device, and it started working slowly, you can perform a reboot to solve this problem.
How to reboot your Amazon Fire TV Stick
You can also solve the Fire TV Stick’s hang-up problem with a reboot. You can do this with the remote control. Follow the steps below to accomplish it:
- Using the remote control, turn the device on.
- Then press and hold the directional “Back” and “Right” buttons for at least 10 seconds.
- When a pop-up message appears on the screen, press the “Reset” button.
Wait a few minutes for your Fire TV Stick to reboot. Make sure the power of the device is stable. In case it shuts down in the process, you’ll need to start over. You’ll also be advised not to unplug the device during this entire process.
How to reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick to factory settings
If you rebooted, your set-top box and nothing changes, you can try to rest it completely. Resetting your Amazon Fire TV Stick to factory settings is extremely easy. In order to do this, you need to:
- First, press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- After that, go to “Settings”. You can do this by pressing the right direction button on the remote until the gear icon on the right side is highlighted. After that, press the direction button down on the remote control to open the settings menu.
- In Settings, locate “My Fire TV” section. If you have a Fire TV Stick that isn’t the newest model, it will also be labeled “Device” or “System”.
- Under “My Fire TV”, scroll down and tap on “Factory Reset”. If needed, enter the PIN code.
- When the pop-up message appears, tap “Reset”. Resetting to factory settings may take several minutes. Before you start, make sure that the power to the device is stable. In case it goes out in the process, you’ll need to start over.
After the reset, the device will automatically restart as if you were setting it up for the first time. The device will automatically optimize the system storage and applications. Your device will restart again when it’s done optimizing.
Restoring your device to factory defaults will erase all your apps, settings, and data. This is convenient if your goal is to sell or give it away. That way, you can do it without compromising your privacy.
How to deal with freezes if methods above didn’t help
If all the above methods failed, it’s reasonable to contact the service center of the store. Perhaps your Amazon Fire TV Stick is originally defective. In this case, it’s better to return it for repair or replace it with a warranty.
Also, an unstable Internet connection may be the cause of freezes. Check if everything is OK with your Internet speed and router. Contact your ISP or use a speed test to check how fast your Internet connection is. You may end up having to replace your router or call a technician.
Also, if you’re using Wi-Fi, check for any obstructions to your Internet connection. Obstacles in the way can interfere with the performance of the set-top box.
Moreover, remember that the battery power in your Amazon Fire TV Stick isn’t unlimited. Regularly change the batteries. If you don’t do it, the fact that the remote control will be in a half-discharged state, you can get the impression that the console is glitchy.