There are so many smart devices, nowadays, that are able to make life so much convenient. It becomes an essential part of our life, from giving people from different countries an opportunity to communicate with each other using video calls to manage your smart devices using a downloadable app. It’s not about that because we are kind of relying on our smartphones and laptops for our personal or professional matters.
Mac OS is a perfect laptop device by Apple. Its compelling processor, exceptional security protocols, sleek and slim design for portability, and pleasing interface are considered to be the most convenient ones. Mac is already giving a lot and justifying its price tag. However, the Mac devices may struggle with the battery timings, mainly if you use them more frequently.
Moreover, when you are working sitting somewhere, the battery draining while working or online streaming might not be a big problem because you get to recharge it. However, if you are traveling or working on the go, you must think of ways to save its battery life so you can get the most out of it.
What is Screen Timeout or Screen Saver on Mac
Among many other options, screen timeout is the one in your control. It is an essential feature in your Mac that gives you the ability to adjust the screen timing when you do not use it and sleep the laptop to save the battery. On Mac devices, you may also come through the feature with the name Screen saver.
Do not confuse the feature Screen Timeout with the Screen Time on Mac. Screen Time is the one that provides information about how much time you are spending on any specific application. In comparison, the screen timeout is entirely different.
How to change Screen Timeout on Mac
Not putting a password on Mac is out of option because of security. Of course, the quick timeout may annoy you so much, as you have to enter the password again and again. Fortunately, you can adjust the screen timeout according to your preferences, as you may. It means you can change the time your Mac takes to lock the screen, so you don’t have to face hassle between work, streaming movies, or taking a mini-break in between video calling.
Also, adjusting it won’t take time, and you can change the screen timeout whenever you want. Here are a few quick steps to remember that will address your issue in no time.
- First of all, you should go to the system preference which is followed by Apple Menu.
- Then, you should select Desktop and click on the Screen saver option.
- When you click on the screen saver, a drop-down menu with the time intervals will be displayed. Choose 15 minutes or less according to your preference. Remember, you have to maintain a healthy balance, so you might not face any post-setting problems.
- Now, hit the show all button and go back to the system preference menu.
- There you should make sure if your Mac device has password protection. So, go to security and click on “Require password to wake this computer from sleep.”
- Now close the window and test your Mac by putting it on sleep or leaving it for a few minutes to check the screen saver functionality.
Now, enjoy working on your Mac without any annoying timeouts. However, suppose your time interval is long. In that case, you can always manually put your Mac on sleep mode by using the hot corner option or desktop menu.