In today’s world, people use their smartphones all the time. Everyone is checking their social networks, reading the news, playing different games, working, or just looking for different information on the Internet.
Because almost everyone has a smartphone, there are so many different manufacturers and models of phones. There are all kinds of models on the market today, and there is a lot of competition.
There are different phones for everyone’s needs, there are large smartphones in which a well-readable and large interface will be made, if it suits you, as well as many manufacturers, produce small models that are very compact and easy to fit in any hand.
In all cases, manufacturers are trying to equip their phones and their shells with simple and convenient functions. So that everyone can understand them and their phone was as friendly to users. One of the most common features for convenience today is the resizing of icons in Samsung phones.
Is it possible to resize icons in Samsung phones
For a long time, this option wasn’t available on phones with the Android operating system, including Samsung phones. However, with the advent of Android Nougat 7.0 or later, in the screen size settings you can make items on the screen larger or smaller.
To do this, you should definitely update your phone to the latest version of Android. After that, you will be able to change this setting, both on Samsung phones and any other Android devices.
However, if you have an older version of Android and can’t update, you don’t have many options. You can download a third-party launcher and change your interface with it. It’s pretty easy to do and you only need a few minutes to do it.
How to resize icons on Samsung phones
If you have a Samsung phone then changing the size of icons in it will be very simple, even easier than in other android smartphones. To do this you only need:
- On the Home screen of the Samsung long press in any empty space.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see several menu icons. Select the Settings icon in the lower right corner.
- This is where you need to select the Home Screen Grid.
- Here you can specify how many icons should fit in one row on your smartphone screen. The more icons, the smaller the icons will be.
- When you’re ready, click Save.
- Then go back to the Preferences window and select the Grid apps screen to adjust the size of the icons there. You can do this in exactly the same way. When you’re ready, click Save.
You can then close the settings. The size of the icons should match what you chose earlier with the grid settings.
How to resize icons on other Android smartphones
If you have several phones or just decided to switch your Samsung for some other smartphone, you may be wondering how to change the icon size on it. If you have a newer Android phone, resizing the icons is a quick tweak. In fact, to do this quite simply. To do this you will need:
- First, you’ll need to go into the Settings app on your Android Smartphone.
- Then scroll to the bottom and select Display to go to the Display Settings tab.
- Next, click on Advanced.
- This will open up the Advanced Display Settings menu in front of you. Here you need to select Display Size.
- In the Display Size window, you can move the slider at the bottom of the screen to adjust the size of the screen elements. You will see a sample of what the text and icons at the top of the screen will look like.
You can now close the settings and return to the main screen. The size of the icons should change depending on how you have adjusted their size.
If you want to make the icons even smaller or resize them back to their original size, you will need to follow the same procedure and set the size of the item as you would like.
How to make icons smaller using third-party apps
If your device doesn’t support the newer version of Android you can install Android launcher apps that will allow you to resize the icons on your Android.
Below you can find several Launchers which have the ability to do this and which are some of the most popular.
- Nova Launcher.
- Microsoft Launcher.
- Apex Launcher.
- Go Launcher.
All of these liners give you the ability to change the icon and text size settings for your shell. You can also find in them a lot of other cosmetic improvements for the interface of your device.