There are some cases when Amazon Fire TV stick restarts on its own. It may be a problem with the Fire Stick. Have you ever wondered about how to fix it? Some tips may help you to solve this issue and get back to the regular usage of the device.
Why does the Fire Stick keep restarting
If you have faced the problem that your Amazon Fire Stick keeps switching off and then on itself, it may be caused by several grounds. The most typical explanation is that there’s a power problem with the device. Your device may power cycle without your efforts in case if it’s not obtaining consistent power.
There also may be some problems in hardware or software that may cause your device to switch on and off by itself. To know a bit more about them, keep reading.
What to do if the Fire Stick keeps restarting
The steps which are mentioned below should be tried one by one until you will find the step which will solve your issue.
- You should take a look whether the proper power block ie used with your Amazon Fire Stick or not. The most common reason of a Fire Stick keeps switching on and off by itself is that not a correct power block is used with the device. It is recommended to use a 5.25v, 5W power block with the Amazon device. In case if you use blocks from another manufacturer, it can influence badly your device, so it is always better to use the original production.
- You may also try to reconnect the device. After you have disconnected the device, you should wait for approximately 30 seconds before you connect it to the power source again. Then you should take a look whether the issue is solved or not. This method may sometime help to solve the issue which was caused by the software glitch or error.
- You may also try to disconnect any hardware extensions that you have used. Sometimes, the problem which was occured by the hardware extension that is used with your device may be solved by taking it away from your device. You should try to connect the Fire Stick directly to the TV, this may let it work in an appropriate way.
- Also, disconnecting all the plugged in devices into the HDMI ports on your TV may help to fix the issue. Many HDMI devices connected may be a reason why your device keeps restarting on its own. So, it would be a good idea to disconnect other devices in order to avoid the creation of interference for you Fire Stick.
- You should also try to check and reinstate cables. Your power cable should be reviewed and other cables that have been used should also be checked in order not to be frayed or worn. In case if there is something wrong with those cables, they should be reinstated. Even cables that look good may be a reason of the issue.
- It may also help if you switch on and off your Fire Stick with the remote. This process is also known as “soft reset”. This method will fully remove any cashed data and bugs that may be a reason that causes problems. You should click and hold the Play and Select buttons. After that you will see a pop-up window that will show a restart message. Confirm it.
- You can also try to check whether your device is connected to supports HDCP. HDCP-compatible devices are required to be used with Amazon Fire Sticks. So, basically, if your TV doesn’t support this feature, this may be the reason why your device isn’t working in an appropriate way.
- You should check whether your Fire Stick is up to date. Outdated firmware or software may be the reason why your device keeps restarting. So updating your device regularly may help you to avoid problems with the work of your device in the future.
- It may help to solve the problem if you do a factory reset on your Amazon device. Maybe your device has got hacked and it will not work correctly in this case. So the factory reset may help.
So, all in all, the process of solving this issue is not complicated but it requires some time as you will need to do some efforts to find out the thing which has caused the problem.