If you use a recent version of Microsoft Word included as part of a Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) subscription or as a standalone app purchased from the Mac App Store or Microsoft Store on Windows, there’s nothing complicated to keep it up-to-date. The information below will explain everything about that.
Since Office is a premium suite of app that was naturally developed by Microsoft, Mac users often are confused to use it. In some cases, the auto-update for third-party apps like MS Office is blocked by Mac and it may cause some problems. However, there may be a lot of other issues that you may face before you update the Microsoft Office on Mac.
The information below will explain to you how to keep your Microsoft Office up-to-date on Mac.
What is Microsoft Office on Mac
So, Microsoft Office is considered to be a premium suite of a huge variety of utility app. Microsoft Office is available for several platforms. The relevant MS Office can be simply installed by Mac users from its official website. Some of the most popular apps on it are MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, etc.
There’s a big range of things that can be done via those apps: from working on text-based documents to creating professional slideshows. So, as you see, there are so many things that we can do using the MS Office suite.
Your Office on Mac requires to be updated regularly, in case you want to make the most of these applications.
- An updated app will have the needed security packages to keep the tool safe and reliable.
- Update in some cases may fix some issues with a previous version.
- Updating the app will give you an opportunity to fully experience the new features.
- The new version would have more extensive compatibility for Mac and other supported tools.
- In most of the cases, a stable update also makes the app run faster and in a more efficient way.
How to update Microsoft Office on Mac?
Set up Microsoft Office AutoUpdate
This is the simplest way to update Word for Mac. You won’t need to do some special efforts or spend a lot of time using this solution. One of the essential features of MS Office, it gives you an opportunity to switch on the automatic update feature for its apps. In this way, you will be able to update Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and another Office app automatically for Mac as well.
As soon as a new version will be available, the app will be updated automatically. Therefore, MS Word would always stay up to date without much effort. If you want to set up an automatic Word update on Mac, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should install the app (like Word or Excel) on your Mac that you want to be updated.
- After that, you should head to the main menu and find the “Help” section. There, you should find and tap on the “Check for Updates” button.
- Next, the pop-up window will be displayed. It will ask you whether you want to update the app. Instead of the manual option, you should switch on the “Automatically Download and Install” feature and save these changes.
Do Office update from the Mac App Store
There’s one more method to do Microsoft Word update for Mac as well. Microsoft has made all kinds of utility apps available on the Mac App Store. Therefore, users can just visit the Mac App Store to purchase the Word application or even update it, as per their convenience.
- First of all, you should open your Mac’s App Store. It may be accessed from the dock or using the Finder.
- After you have finished with the App Store, you should visit the Office app page and tap on the “Update” button adjacent to its icon.
- In addition to this, you can also visit the “Updates” section on the App Store which you may find in the top of the left panel, in order to view a list of all the apps that are available for update.
- In the end, you should locate the MS Office or Office 365 app and click on the “Update” button to start downloading the latest upgrade.
All in all, the process of updating Microsoft Word isn’t as complicated as you may think and the information above has explained everything about it.