Modern streaming services are replacing conventional television. More and more people are coming to the conclusion that watching their favorite shows online and without advertising for a paid subscription is much more convenient than waiting for the desired show to be shown on a schedule and still interrupted by commercials during the watching.
In this regard, a lot of different streaming services began to appear. Hulu clearly stands out among them. It is available on the territory of the US and the US-controlled military bases. However, it has already become super popular.
The service offers you a lot of different content, including shows developed by Hulu itself. With so many shows to choose from, it can be hard to find a show you’re interested in.
Hulu’s algorithms can help you with this problem by matching content based on your location. To do this, you will need to connect the location services on your device.
How to enable location services on iOS
If you have an iPhone or iPad, these are devices that are concerned about your security. This can often lead to a situation where location tracking on your iPhone will simply be turned off.
In fact, enabling location services for your iPhone or iPad is quite easy. To do so, you need to follow these simple tips:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Then go to the Privacy section
- Here you need to find Location Services
- In this section turn on services, if necessary
- Then go back to Settings
- Scroll down the list until you find the Hulu app, tap on the app icon
- In the menu that appears, you will need to select the first item Location and activate it by ticking While Using
Now the location services on your iPhone or iPad are activated and your feed will be updated based on the interest of users in your area. This is very convenient. This way you can stay in tune with your neighbors and friends.
How to enable location services on the Desktop with your browser
Many people also choose to view different services on their desktops rather than mobile devices.
Whether it’s a PC or a Mac you’ll need to log into your account with a browser and watch your favorite shows there. Regardless of which browser you use, you may need precise instructions on how to properly enable location services on your device.
The instructions will be slightly different for different browsers. To do this you will need to:
How to activate location services with Safari
- To start, click on the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your Mac’s screen
- Select System Preferences
- Then click on the Security & Privacy icon
- After that you need to go to the Privacy Tab
- Select Location Services
- Check the Enable Location Services box and make sure Safari is selected from the list
How to enable location services with Chrome
- To start, click More in the right corner (this option is marked with three vertical dots or an upward pointing arrow)
- Select Settings
- Scroll down and select Advanced
- Next you need the Privacy and security section
- Here click on Site Settings > Location
- Turn on Ask before accessing
How to enable location services with Firefox
- In the top right corner, click Menu
- Then go to Preferences
- Here select Privacy & Security from the side menu
- Scroll down to the Permissions section
- Click on Settings… next to Location
- And check that Hulu.com is added to the list of permissions, if necessary add it manually
How to enable location services with Edge
- On your PC, press the Windows button
- Then go to Settings
- Here you need to find the Privacy section
- Then find the Locations section.
- Scroll down to Choose apps that can use your precise location
- Make sure Edge is on the list, if not, you can add it manually
How to activate location services on other devices
Of course, Hulu is not only available on Apple products and desktops. You can also install it on Android devices, and you can also install it on Amazon’s Fire Tablet.
These devices also have location-based features. It is quite easy to activate them. All you have to do is :
What you need to activate location services on Android
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Select Security & location
- Then click on Location (sometimes it can be just Location instead of Security & location)
- Under Recent location requests, review the apps that recently checked your device’s location. Make sure Hulu is enabled.
What you need to activate location services on Fire Tablet
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings
- Then select More
- After that, click on Location-based Services
- Select On to enable location-based services
This way you can enable location-based services on any device and receive only quality recommendations from Hulu based on your region.