StockX is considered the most advanced marketplace for the sale and auction of rarities, mainly sneakers, and accessories. There you can find something vintage and quite rare, as you can also sell your own things. However, sometimes there are users that want to leave the platform for different reasons. And there is a question – how to delete a StockX account? In this article, you will learn more about how to remove your data from the site and delete your account.
Given its auction-house-like nature, StockX gathers up a lot of personal data from you. These include, but are not limited to, payment information, shipping, and home address. They even get your shoe size.
Don’t panic or even worry about it, because StockX will reliably preserve your data. Nevertheless, there might come a time when you want to get off the platform. To give you a hint – no, there’s no one “Delete My Account” button.
How to get off Stockx
Generally, to remove the account does not need to be much of a bother, just go to the menu, then the account settings, and find something like “Delete My Account”. But not in the case of StockX. To initiate the account deletion process, you need to navigate to the Contact page of the website and take things from there. That way you won’t get confused in your actions.
Note: in general, this method will help on all platforms if you cannot immediately find the “Delete Account” option. Just refer to the FAQ or Contact us.
So to delete your account on StockX:
- Firstly, if you log in via your computer, go all the way down to the bottom of the front page and click on Contact. Scroll down some more and choose Account Features – even though it might not sound like the right place, you’re totally in the right place
- Secondly, you will face a short article that details different options to remove the account. Here’s a quick recap:
- Delete Billing Information – just the billing information gets removed, and you can keep your profile
- Delete the Account – this option gets rid of everything
- Deactivate or Suspend the Account – it’s like a block that puts your account on hold until further notice. You can pair this with removing the billing information
- And the third thing you are required to do is to outline the reasons why you want to delete the account and choose one of the offered options
After these steps, StockX will give you a confirmation that the request has been received, and the platform informs you the moment it deletes the account. It is recommended to check your spam or promotions email folder as the confirmation email might end up there.
Is it possible to change any profile information
In case you want to change your buying and shipping info, currency, payout, etc., you are able to do so quickly and easily. It is also recommended to set up a StockX notification system, as the site tends to send a lot of offers, best deals, etc. to your email. To not flood your inbox – just customize notifications as soon as you create a new account.
And although the platform offers its users unlimited opportunities to exchange goods and create a community, there are still a few things that need to be improved.