Steam is a huge playground where every gamer can find a game to their liking, join a group with other gamers and even create their own community. It is a store, a cloud service, and a social network at the same time, which for many years has been known for its frequent events and discounts on game products. Its stable service and user-friendly interface have won the hearts of thousands of gamers.
But sometimes you are among those who do not like the service or just want to quit gaming, there may be many reasons. For this, you have decided to delete your account, and it is possible, but there are some things you should consider before that. This article will discover the step-by-step process of how you can delete your Steam account.
Is it possible to deactivate Steam account instead
Deleting your account permanently is a drastic step that will not allow you to roll back. And that’s why many people have doubts and wonder, “Can I just deactivate my account” Unfortunately, Steam doesn’t allow its users to do so yet.
So don’t rush, if you’re in doubt, you can just log out of your account for now while you think about your decision.
How to view all your Steam personal information
The steam collects information about its users within reason – what purchases were made, subscription history, account details, phone number, etc. You can log in to Steam via browser and visit this link to learn more. But if you’re not sure your data is safe, you can read on to learn how to delete your account permanently.
How to delete Steam account permanently
If you do decide to delete your Steam account permanently, then follow the instructions below. But before you delete you should understand that all your progress and games will be deleted. Still, Steam gives you the chance to put everything back in place within 30 days, if you suddenly change your mind. So please think twice before deleting your account completely.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Steam account and click your profile name on the top right corner of the screen
- A dropdown menu will then open up. Select the “Account details” option from there
- Your account details will now show up on the screen. Next up, scroll to the bottom and click “Delete my Steam account“
- Steam will now show you the entire deletion process that you need to follow, along with a few FAQs you can choose to read if you want to. Once you are sure about your decision, click “Proceed to account deletion“
- You will now see a form that you need to fill so that Steam can verify that you actually own the account. Steam might ask for more information than what you see below or maybe less. Fill the form in its entirety and press the “Send” button
- Once done, Steam will create a support ticket and take you to the screen you see below. Now, any reply you get from Steam support will be shown here, along with any updates on your account deletion progress. You can also send additional messages by clicking the “Update my help request” button at the bottom left
- Your Steam account is now locked and in line for inspection by a support executive. They will address your query, and you will get a notice you need to acknowledge to complete the account deletion process. As stated before, you will have 30 days to revert your decision, after which Valve will wipe all your data from its servers
And that is all on how to delete your Steam account permanently. Good luck!