Today, there are many ways to create the best possible experience for watching video content on your TV. One of the supporting tools is the audio system. Modern audio systems connect to your TV with HDMI. The result is a unique sound experience when watching movies. However, to get it, you need to understand how to connect surround sound to a TV with HDMI.
Sometimes the difficulty is that almost any sound system has a lot of wires. When you connect all the speakers with wires, it’s easy to get confused about which cable to put in which jack. However, you just need to figure out how to surround sound works and what steps are needed to connect surround sound to a TV with HDMI.
How does surround sound work?
In order not to have any difficulty connecting the sound system to your TV through an HDMI cable, it’s worth understanding how it works. Surround sound is mainly used to give the listener a spatial sensation when sounds are placed around them. It makes you feel like you’re close to the sound sources, not just listening to them.
Numbers denote the possibilities of surround sound. Numbers refer to the number of speakers in a surround sound system. If the surround sound system is numbered ‘7.1.2’ This means that the system includes seven main speakers, one subwoofer, and two subwoofers. The second number is the number of subwoofers in the system. The subwoofers are responsible for the big hum and low tones. The last number is the number of overhead or overhead speakers available in the system.
Before you connect surround sound to TV, you should know what version of HDMI you have. The HDMI version should be at least 1.4, which supports audio and video streaming through the cable. Version 1.4 of HDMI ports support ARC technology.
- How to fix HDMI no sound on laptop
- How to get sound play through HDMI on Mac
- How to connect Kindle Fire to TV without HDMI
What to do to connect surround sound to a TV with HDMI?
To connect surround sound to a TV you need to buy a good HDMI cable. Choose good quality and long cable, as this is the key to good sound. Then the steps aren’t complicated at all, so to connect surround sound to a TV with HDMI you should:
- Turn off the power to the cable set-top box and the surround receiver before you connect the equipment. This is to prevent a sudden signal surge that could damage the receiver.
- When you’re sure the power is off, take the plug and align its shape on the audio cable with the corresponding connector on the cable box.
- Then insert the plug directly inside its corresponding jack.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the labeled input on the back of the surround sound receiver.
- After completing the previous step, connect the video cable from the output on the cable set-top box if you didn’t use HDMI. Insert the plug at the other end of the video cable into the corresponding jack on the TV.
- Then you need to power up your AV equipment.
- After that, repeatedly press the source button on the TV remote control until the video signal appears on the TV screen.
The importance of surround sound is that without surround sound our movies, games, music, and live performances would be limited to simple two-channel sound. This creates an immersive video content experience and the best possible video content enjoyment.
- How to fix can’t play sound with HDMI Windows 10
- How to connect Samsung A01 to TV using HDMI
- How to fix HDMI no sound on a PC
Why is surround sound so popular?
Today, everyone has access to better sound. Everyone can go to a movie theater, concert, or bar where there is quality surround sound. So when you come home, you want to have the same experience with your TV. The audio system is, therefore, a popular product to be sold by different companies.
An important point is also the fact that the connection connecting surround sound to TV isn’t very difficult. The most important thing for the audio system to sound good, you need to place the speakers correctly around the perimeter of your room. Often all popular models of the audio system have recommendations in the manual about how to place the speakers for the best sound.
Now available in many varieties of acoustics for TV and ways of connecting them. The most relevant synchronization options are wireless, HDMI, and optical, because they provide a high-quality signal. This is also the reason for the popularity of surround sound, as it’s easy to implement in your home. As a result, get full immersion and enjoyment of movies, TV shows, various TV shows, and music.