Modern Smart TVs offer their users a wide range of different functions. For example, you can install a third-party streaming service application on your TV and watch content directly from it.
Also, TVs are usually equipped with a variety of wireless connectivity technologies. Such as Wi-Fi or, for example, Bluetooth. They allow you to connect your TV to the Internet and connect different devices to it. For example, you can connect speakers or headphones to your TV to improve the quality of the sound you hear.
Also, sometimes these technologies are used to connect remotes or apps on your phone to control the Smart TV. Similar options are present in LG TVs.
Do LG TVs have Bluetooth
Almost all LG TVs are equipped with Bluetooth. Bluetooth will be present in the following TV series: OLED, QNED MiniLED, NanoCell, and 4K Ultra.
If your TV is new, it should almost certainly have Bluetooth. You can check this very easily and quickly. To do so, you can visit LG’s website and check your TV settings.
Once you go to the site, you will need to find the TV of your exact model. Then click on its name and a link to the exact parameters of your TV will open. Here you will need the tab “SPECS”. Scroll down to the “Connectivity” section, you should see a “Bluetooth Support” line. If it says “Yes” or “Version 5.0” then your model supports Bluetooth.
You can also find a lot of useful information here, for example about the version of the operating system pre-installed on your TV, what services it supports and what additional features it has
How to enable Bluetooth on LG TV
Before you can connect your device to the TV you need to make sure that it is in pairing mode. So first you need to find information on how to put your device in pairing mode.
Once you have done this, you just need to:
- Using your TV remote control, click on Settings. This will be indicated on the remote as a gear icon.
- Or go to Menu and then select Settings.
- After that you need to click on Advanced Settings.
- Go to the Sound menu and here select Sound Out.
- Then click on Bluetooth Device List.
- From the list you will need to select the device you want to connect to your TV.
Once you do this, the devices should automatically pair and then they can work together without further action.
Also keep in mind that the next time you turn on the TV, it may take some time before you start to hear the sound. Since your Smart TV needs to turn on Bluetooth and connect the device. Then it will be able to start outputting sound to it.
What to do if you have problems connecting your Bluetooth device to your LG TV
You may also find that you have some problems when you connect your device to your LG TV. There are several common reasons for connection problems and how to fix them. They are not too difficult to solve. To do this, you will need:
- Try Forget your Bluetooth device on your LG TV. You can do this by following the same steps as for connecting it to the TV.
- Unplug your LG TV for 60 seconds. While unplugged, press and hold the power button on the TV for 10 seconds. This will permanently reset your TV. This method helps solve most system bugs.
- Try turn off and then on the device you want to connect to your TV. You may be experiencing a problem with the device.
- Make sure you are close to your TV with your device. The distance between them should not be more than 30 feet (10 meters). If the distance is more than this, it may cause a connection problem.
- If there are many other wireless devices near you, try disconnecting them for the duration of the connection. Sometimes they can cause interference and interfere with a proper connection.
- Reboot the router/modem by unplugging it, wait 60 seconds, and plug it back in. Make sure the LG TV has successfully re-established the WiFi connection.
- Also, make sure that your TV has the latest software update installed.
- Then check if your device has the latest software version installed.
If you are still having problems, then you should contact LG support. They will be happy to help you with this problem. Also always check if your LG model has Bluetooth, maybe you just don’t have this option.