Indeed, Twitch users are able to change their nicknames. Since the username is a business card of the channel, the change of the name is an essential part. Back in 2016, the service has been tested, and in 2019 it was launched in active use. If you’re interested in changing your username then it’s time to read about how to change it on Twitch.
Initially, there was no option to change the nickname. The developers added the new feature after numerous complaints and requests to optimize the service. Once it was introduced, it became possible to change not only the main nickname, which is displayed in chats and on the user page but also the login for logging in to the site.
What are the conditions for changing the username
After the change, the system recognizes the vacated name as occupied for 6 months. Keep in mind the rules of the service, as the administration of the platform can block the participant at its discretion, with the slightest suspicion of violation of the rules. Change rules:
- It’s forbidden to name a channel after famous brands, as well as to violate copyrights and use the names of celebrities
- Prohibited foul language or partial presence of foul language in the name, regardless of the language
- If there is no activity on the servers for 365 days, the account is blocked and access is terminated
Is it possible to change your username on Twitch via browser om mobile device
In general, the fastest way is to change the user name via the browser of any device. All you need to do is go to the main Twitch website. You don’t need to download an app or anything else, just the browser version and that’s it. Here’s how to do it:
- On your browser, open the Twitch website. You can also type https://www.twitch.tv/ in the address bar
- In case you have a mobile device, the browser will show youthe mobile website version. However, you won’t be able to change your username via the mobile browser version of Twitch. In order to switch to desktop mode – tap on the three dots icon on the upper right corner of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap on Desktop site then return to the home page and follow the next steps
- Click or tap on your Profile Icon. This should be in the upper right corner of your screen
- In the dropdown menu that appears, click or tap on Settings
- In the Settings menu, click on Profile. This should be on the tab options located on the upper portion of the menus
- Scroll down until you get to the Profile Settings portion. Click or tap on the Edit button located to the right of your username. This will be the icon that looks like a pencil
- A new window will appear asking you to enter your new username. Type it in and then click or tap on Update
- You will be asked to enter your password. Once you have done so, click or tap on Confirm
- Your username should now be changed and you can navigate out of this window. You will be notified by email of the name change
Though there is a difference from the mobile version in that there is no need to authenticate by E-mail and confirm all of the actions.
Is there a way to change your username via a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC
The process is almost the same as changing the user name on the mobile device, but some steps are still different:
- On your computer, open the Twitch desktop app
- Log into your account
- On the app window, click on your Profile icon. You’ll see it in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on Settings from the dropdown menu
- In the Settings menu, look for Profile in the tabs
- Scroll down until you see Profile Settings. Click on the Edit icon to the right of your username
- Next steps are quiet similar to the web browser version mentioned above. Enter your brand new username, then click on Update. Follow the confirmation message
- Return to the home screen using the Twitch icon on the upper left corner of the screen
And that is all on how to change your username on Twitch. Have fun and stay creative!