Is this your first time working in Google Slides? In order to do the task effectively, you need to know how to use this tool correctly.
Is it possible to change slide size in Google Slides
Google G Suite is a great set of apps that help millions of people around the world in their work and personal projects. When you’re getting ready to meet potential partners or simply want to show your audience your plans or a story, Google G Suite is more suitable than ever. With the app, you can create presentations with different effects, add-ons, and a bunch of auxiliary things to diversify your presentation.
By the way, Google Slide is free and is great for students who also need to report material and learn to demonstrate their projects.
How to to change slide size in Google Slides via desktop
Whether via PC or laptop – there is no difference, the desktop version of Google Slides is very simple and you do not have to memorize the interface:
- Navigate to the webpage for Google Slides and open an existing or create a new presentation.
- In the menu bar, go to “File.”
- Click on “Page setup” to view page options.
- You’ll see the Page setup popup box with the page size drop-down menu. The default size for Google Slides pages is 16:9.
- Click on the drop-down menu and choose the preferred page size. Alternatively, you can go to the “Custom” option and enter page dimensions manually. Whichever option you choose, hit “Apply” once you’ve selected the desired size.
Note: Pease, keep in mind while performing this method is that, when choosing “Custom” size, you’ll need to know the exact size you want. Choose the unit type – like centimeters, inches, points, or pixels – and enter the precise values. A3 page size is 11.7 inches wide and 16.5 inches long. While A4 pages are 8.3 inches in width and 11.7 inches in length.
Is there an option to change the slide size in Google Slides via iPhone
Unfortunately, you can’t adjust the size of the sheets in the presentation via Google Slides through iPhone, because it’s not supported by the app. However, you can pre-size the worksheets in the desktop version using any browser. Follow the guide to set the size in Google Slides:
- Find and copy the address of your presentation on your phone. If you’ve only been working on the presentation from your computer, you won’t need to do this step.
- On the computer, open your browser and go to the presentation address.
- Locate the “File” menu on the left side of the window and choose the “Page setup” option.
- A popup menu will appear. On it, you’ll be able to select the slide size from a drop-down. The default size is 16:9, and you can choose to change it to one of the offered sizes. If the size you want isn’t in the menu, go to “Custom” and enter the desired values manually.
- Hit “Apply” to save changes. The next time you open the presentation on your iPhone, the slides will be the size you’ve selected.
Note: As you may have noticed, the dropdown window doesn’t have a large selection of page size settings. If you need A3 or A4, just click on “Custom” and enter the desired numbers. For example, if you have A3 – 11.7 x 16.5 inches, and if you want A4 – 8.3 x 11.7 inches.
Is there an option to change the slide size in Google Slides via Android
The same situation with Android devices as with iOS – you can’t change the size of the sheets in the presentation. However, you can use the browser of any PC or laptop. Moreover, when you change the size of the sheets via your PC or laptop, the presentation will be the right size when you open it again.
- Open the presentation you wish to change in your browser.
- Click on “File” and then on “Page setup.”
- Click page setup. In the popup window that appears, there’ll be a drop-down menu with various page sizes to choose from. Either pick one of the offered options or go to “Custom” to enter page dimensions manually.
- When you’ve chosen the page size you like, click on “Apply.”
- And again, if you need A3 or A4 format (they areno’t in the dropdown menu) – then select Custom and manually enter the parameters. A3 is 11.7 x 16.5 inches and A4 is 8.3 x 11.7 inches.
Now you know more about how to adjust the sheet size in Google Slides presentations. This point is very important because a properly chosen format can affect the viewer’s perception and generate the desired response and, ultimately, feedback.