People are constantly doing everything they can to make their lives as easy as possible. This is the reason why digital technology is now growing so much. It’s trivially much more convenient than just running all your business and even your hobbies on paper.
Now all aspects of human life are going digital. You work on a computer when you relax you use a computer, even when you do hobbies you can do it with a computer.
For example, you can draw. Nowadays a lot of different applications are created for drawing and creating different designs. One of the most successful and famous in this respect is Canva.
What is Canva
Canva is a cross-platform service for creating graphic designs. It was developed back in 2013. Since then it has undergone many changes and many useful features have been added.
Creating an image in this service is basically based on the fact that you combine ready-made elements and varying changeable templates.
The graphic editor will give you access to a built-in library of templates, stock photos, illustrations, and fonts. Thus the service is good for the average user as well as for the design and digital marketing professional.
Using the platform it is possible to create both images for publication somewhere in the network and layouts for various polygraphic products. This is possible thanks to a wide variety of tools in the service’s arsenal. For example, a large selection of different fonts to make your design as individual as possible.
Can you add your own fonts to Canva
Since ancient times people tried to express themselves somehow. In the beginning, they drew on the walls, then moved to paintings, today self-expression in many people is reflected in their work or creativity.
Services like Canva allow you to maximize the personalization of your project to make it exactly as you imagined. A lot of this is helped by a large number of built-in fonts. You can use them to decorate an ordinary inscription or change the size and appearance of a certain word in a sentence. There are a lot of applications for this function.
However, when it comes to expressiveness, it will be nice to know that you can also create your own font and add it to Canva, to use in your work in the future.
Team owners, administrators, and template designers can do this.
How to upload your font to Canva
In order to upload your font, you will need to purchase a subscription to Canva. To upload fonts, you need one of the following versions of Canva: Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for Education, and Canva for Nonprofits.
If you’ve already decided on a paid subscription, here’s what you’ll need to do next:
- Click on your account icon or photo in the upper left corner of the Canva homepage.
- Next, you need to check if you’re on the correct team. If you need to change it, use the Switch Teams section.
- Then on the home page, click the Brand Kit button on the sidebar.
- If you are a Canva for Enterprise user, first click your company name in the sidebar and then click the Brand Kits tab.
- Also, if you have multiple brand kits, you will need to select the one you want to customize.
- In the Brand Fonts section, click on the Upload Font button. The supported formats for the Canva service are OTF, TTF and WOFF.
- Next, you will need to select a file to upload from your computer. Once you have specified the file you want, click on the Open button.
- Remember that you can only upload fonts for which you have a license.
- Next, you will be asked if you have the rights to use the font, Click “Yes, upload!” to confirm this.
- Then you’ll just have to wait for the upload to complete. A popup will show if the upload was successful or not.
Uploaded fonts will be displayed at the top of your list with fonts when you add text to the project.
You can upload up to 100 fonts on one account. You also need to edit the branded fonts, setting all default values for headings, subheadings, and main text.
What to do if the font doesn’t load
There are situations when you may have a problem loading a font in Canva. These situations don’t happen very often. The main reasons why your font might stop loading are as follows:
- Incorrect file format. You should upload your font in OTF, TTF or WOFF format. Other formats are simply not supported.
- Licensing problem. Your font must also be licensed for use. Please consult your typeface developer if you aren’t sure if your version is properly licensed.
- A corrupted file. It is often possible that the file got corrupted while being saved or if it was uploaded online and then downloaded again. Try making a new copy of the font and upload it.
- The font is simply not compatible with Canva: Sometimes a font can be uploaded successfully, but will contain errors when used in the design. Errors may appear as missing letters or the font looks different when uploaded. To fix the situation, find a different font to upload.
By fixing these simple errors, you will be able to upload any font in Canva. It won’t be that hard to do.