Users gained access to Hulu in 2007. Since then, the service has proven its worth. Hulu specializes in providing access to video on demand with an extensive library that can be watched on many devices, including PS4 consoles. It offers hundreds of movies and TV shows, as well as a growing amount of fantastic original content.
To take advantage of this streaming platform, go directly to Hulu and take out one of the subscriptions available there.
Installing and using the Hulu app for different devices is a bit different. This is particularly true for the PS4. See how to install and access Hulu on PS4 and the content you can watch on this streaming service below.
How to install Hulu on PS4
Luckily for PS owners, you can install and watch Hulu on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles. Notably, you can access the Hulu + Live TV subscription plan on the PS4, which isn’t possible on the PS3. Installing Hulu on the PS4 is a simple process, so you can watch streaming from your console and TV in no time. To install, do the following:
- Before you start installing Hulu, log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Subscribe to one of the Hulu subscription plans.
- Locate the Hulu app. Use your PS4 controller to select the PlayStation Store icon on the PlayStation main menu. Type “Hulu” in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Find app in the search results, and select it. Then navigate to the app page in the store.
- Once on the app page, select the “Download” option below the Hulu logo.
- Once the download process is complete, select “Start” which will take you to the app itself.
- Log in to the Hulu app.
How much content you’ll find on Hulu
When you’re done with installing Hulu, you can easily find the app by selecting the TV & Video icon on the PlayStation main menu ribbon.
Hulu has an extensive library that you can explore for $5.99 a month on the basic plan. You’ll find more than 2,000 movies from new releases to classics and more than 1,000 TV shows in the catalog.
Among the content available on Hulu, you can even find critically acclaimed original Hulu series such as the Emmy Award-winning The Handmaid’s Tale and the impressive drama Harlots. Several documentaries and children’s shows are available, as well as a constantly updated selection of new content.
The service also features more than 65 network TV channels that you can watch live by choosing the Hulu + Live TV subscription plan for $64.99 per month. This allows you to keep up with news and sports, and enjoy plenty of programming from many of the major TV networks.
You can also customize your Hulu plan by paying for additional network packages, including HBO Max, Showtime, and Cinemax.
How to register on Hulu
If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to register on Hulu before you can use it. To sign up, do the following:
- First, open a browser on any device you like and go to Hulu.com/welcome.
- Next, click on the login button. A window will appear with fields to fill in.
- There, click on “Start your free trial”.
- After that, select your Hulu plan. Among the available ones, you can choose from the following: (ad-supported), Hulu (ad-free), Hulu + Live TV now with Disney+ and ESPN+* or Disney Bundle.
- Enter your email address, password, and personal information in the appropriate fields to complete.
- Select payment method and add billing information
- Click “Submit” to complete the registration process and begin the connection process, where you’ll have the opportunity to personalize your recommendations before you start streaming.
If you’re using a free trial of your chosen plan/add-on, you’ll be charged at the end of all applicable trial periods. We require payment in advance, which helps us facilitate your transition to paid subscribers in case you decide to stay with us after your free trial ends.
Keep in mind that if you decide to upgrade to a different plan during your free trial, you’ll automatically be charged, and if you cancel the service during your trial, you’ll immediately lose access to Hulu. To cancel without paying, do so within seven days of activation.