The Nintendo Switch is a versatile gaming console that can also be used to stream media content. With its large display and portability, the Switch is an excellent device for watching movies and TV shows on the go.
Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services, offering a vast library of TV shows, movies, and original content. If you’re a fan of Hulu and own a Nintendo Switch, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s easy to download the Hulu app onto your console. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on downloading Hulu on your Nintendo Switch, so you can start streaming your favorite content on your console today.
How to install and watch Hulu on the Nintendo Switch
The first step to adding Hulu to your Nintendo Switch is to ensure that you have a valid Hulu subscription. If you do not have a Hulu subscription, you must create one before proceeding. If you already have a subscription, you need to:
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and go to the home screen.
- From the home screen, scroll down and locate the eShop icon. The eShop icon looks like a shopping bag with the letter “N” on it.
- In the eShop, navigate to the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Using the on-screen keyboard, type “Hulu” and hit the search button.
- A list of search results will appear on the screen. Locate the Hulu app and click on it.
- To download the Hulu app, click the “Download” button on the app’s details page.
- You will be prompted to confirm your download. Click “Download” again to confirm.
- Wait for the download to complete. The download progress will be displayed on the screen, and a small icon will appear on the home screen to indicate that the app is downloading.
Once the download is complete, you can launch the Hulu app from the home screen by clicking the app icon. You will be prompted to sign in with your Hulu credentials when you launch the Hulu app for the first time. If you do not have a Hulu account, you can sign up for one directly within the app.
Is Hulu available outside the US?
Hulu is only available in the United States and on US military bases located overseas. It is not currently available in any other countries or regions.
This means that users outside of the United States cannot download the Hulu app from the Nintendo eShop or access Hulu’s streaming service on their Nintendo Switch console. The app won’t be available in their region or country.
However, there are ways that users outside of the United States may still be able to access Hulu’s streaming service. One option is to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service to bypass regional restrictions and access Hulu from a US-based server. However, using a VPN to access Hulu is against Hulu’s terms of service, and the company actively blocks VPN usage.
Another option is a DNS (Domain Name System) service that can reroute your internet connection to appear as if you are in the United States. Some DNS services can be configured to work with the Nintendo Switch, allowing users to access Hulu and other US-based streaming services. However, like VPNs, using DNS services to access Hulu is also against Hulu’s terms of service and may result in account termination.
How much does Hulu cost?
After you have installed Hulu on your Nintendo Switch you will have to pay a subscription to a streaming service to access Hulu content. Hulu offers a variety of subscription plans, each with its own cost. The pricing for Hulu’s subscription plans is as follows:
- Hulu (with ads): This plan costs $7.99/month (or $79.99/year) and includes access to Hulu’s entire streaming library of TV shows, movies, and Hulu Originals. However, users will see ads during their viewing experience.
- Hulu (no ads): This plan costs $14.99/month and includes access to the same streaming library as the plan with ads but without any ads during playback.
- Hulu + Live TV: This plan costs $69.99/month and includes access to Hulu’s entire streaming library and live TV channels. Users can stream live TV channels from major broadcast and cable networks, including ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, and ESPN.
- Hulu (no ads) + Live TV: This plan costs $82.99/month and includes access to the same streaming library and live TV channels as the Hulu + Live TV plan, but without any ads during playback.
In addition to these plans, Hulu also offers several add-on options. For example, users can add on premium channels like HBO, Showtime, and Starz for an additional monthly fee.
It’s worth noting that these prices are subject to change, and users may also be able to take advantage of promotional pricing or bundled subscription deals with other services. Additionally, depending on the user’s location, taxes and fees may apply to some plans.