Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services. The platform offers both live and on-demand content. Unfortunately, Hulu isn’t available, or an option, for every device. due to this, many people wonder if they can watch Hulu using their Nintendo devices.
Initially, the Nintendo Switch, which was first released on March 3, 2017, couldn’t be used with Hulu. This was due to the fact that a compatible app for Hulu was not yet available on the Nintendo Switch when it was first released. One year later, in November of 2017, Hulu released an app that was compatible with the Switch, bringing the streaming service to the Switch console. Thanks to that, users have gained the ability to use the console to stream their favorite television shows and movies.
The information below will help you to understand how to run the Hulu app on your Switch.
How to install and watch Hulu on the Nintendo Switch
First of all, of course, the app should be installed on your device. You will also need to create or log into your account in order to be able to watch your favorite movies. Fortunately, it is a pretty simple process so let’s get started.
Keep in mind that in order to find, download, or use the Hulu app, you must have an internet connection.
To do that, you should follow the steps below:
- First, you should go to the Nintendo eShop. Starting from the Home Menu, click on the yellow shopping bag icon at the bottom of the screen. If you want to “Select” something, you may click on the screen, or use either the joysticks or the directional buttons to navigate, and press the A button to select. After you have chosen, use the account you would like to download Hulu with. Then the screen where you are asked to enter your password will be displayed. Do as such and tap the “OK” button.
- After that, search for the Hulu App. When you have opened the Nintendo EShop, you will first need to choose the “Search/Browse” option which is located on the upper left portion of the screen. It will have a magnifying glass symbol next to it. Next, you should type “Hulu” into the search bar labeled with the magnifying glass symbol and the words “Enter Keyword”. To search, click plus on your controller, or the gamepad.
- Select and Download the App. The search results would be available after that on the right side of your screen. At the very top of the search results, there will be a rectangle displayed which is dedicated to Hulu with the logo, and the word “Hulu” on it. Click on that rectangle to be brought to the download screen. You will be presented with a presentation of pictures, and a button labeled “Free Download” on the right. Choose the free download button, and proceed to the next screen. You will then be brought to a place where you will see another “Free Download” button. Select this second button to download Hulu.
- After that, close and Return to the Home Menu. If everything goes in a right way, a screen should pop up and give you two options. The option you want is the close option. Tap the button “Close” to return to the home menu.
- Launch the Hulu App. At this point, Hulu will be downloading, and you will see a progress bar in which case you will have to wait until it fills; or Hulu will have finished downloading and there will be no progress bar. Once the download is finished, select the square with the Hulu logo to launch Hulu.
- Log Into or Create Your Hulu Account. Once Hulu has loaded, you will be given two options, you can Log in, or create a Hulu account:
- If you already have a Hulu account, tap on the button “Log in”. There are a several ways to log in, but for simplicity, we will choose to log in on the device itself by selecting the button which is named “Log in on this device”. You will then see a screen where the necessary information should be entered, and then tap the “Continue” button at the bottom. After that, you will be logged in!
- If you do not have a Hulu account, you can make one within the application!
To create a new account, start by selecting the “Start your free trial” button. After that, you can choose to sign up on the web, using a different device, or sign up on your Nintendo switch.
To make it simple, you may sign-in on the console by selecting “Sign up on this device”. Then, you will need to select the way that will be better for you, with your options being the basic Hulu plan, the Hulu plan without ads, or the Hulu plan with live TV. All the specifics about this are detailed in the chart displayed which you use to select the plan of your choosing.
To select a plan, either tap on the name of your preferred plan using the console’s screen or use the joysticks/buttons to guide the rectangle over your preferred plan and hit the A button. Then, you will have to input some information, and then hit the “continue” button at the bottom, and your account will be created! Enjoy some awesome shows!