You’ve probably had moments when you thought about expanding the capabilities of your Fire TV Stick and installing additional programs, one of which is Google Play. If you chose the latter, it’s not surprising, because you can download and buy so much stuff from this store! Starting with apps for all tastes, and ending with games of different genres. Such opportunities are guaranteed by other stores, but they’re usually quite limited when it comes to the range of apps.
If you do decide that you want Play Store on your Fire TV Stick, then get ready – the installation process may take some time as officially Google doesn’t interact with the Fire TV Stick in any way. However, there are ways to do this, and you’ll find out more about them below.
What is Aptoide
As previously mentioned, Google and its services aren’t officially integrated into Amazon products. Therefore, the only option is to use a very similar app called Aptoide. The latter is an Android-based service that offers thousands of usable Android apps.
Before closing this article and keep searching for Google Play, don’t worry, it is almost the same app for its features and offers a vast range of apps. And it is the one that will be compatible with your Fire TV Stick. However, before you install it, remember that it does pose security risks since you allow third-party installations. However, even the Play Store isn’t 100% safe these days.
Turn on Developer Options in Your Fire TV Stick
To start installing, you must authorize the apps that you’ll download. This way, you’ll have access to install unofficial apps. It isn’t recommended to do this often.
- Go to Settings on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and tap My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options to install files and apps from stores and locations outside the Amazon Fire Stick software
- Click Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging to set them to ON
Install Downloader on Your Fire Stick
Before you install Aptoide, you need to install one more program – Downloader. Here is how to do it:
- From the Home screen, click on the magnifying glass in the top-right section
- Search for “Downloader
- Select Downloader from the built-in Amazon App Store search results
- Click on Download from the Downloader store page
- Once installed and launched, select Allow to let the app get access to photos, media, and files on your Fire Stick device
Install Google Account Manager on Your Fire Stick
This step will synchronize your Google account with the apps you’ll install in the future through Aptoide:
- On the Downloader app, type http://bit.ly/google-manager-firestick in the URL/Search box from the Home tab and select Go. This downloads the Google Account Manager v5.1-1743759 for Android 5.0+ devices
- Select Install once the download completes
- Click on Done. to finish the installation process
Install Aptoide on Your Fire TV Stick
Finally, the app itself can be installed with the help of this guide:
- Launch Downloader from your Fire Stick library
- In the URL/Search Term box of Downloader, use the Fire TV remote to type https://tv.aptoide.com. The home page appears
- Scroll down the Aptoide page and select Download Aptoide TV
- Choose Install
- Select Open
- Choose Allow to let Aptoide access your photos, media, and files
- Aptoide launches, and it is ready to download/install apps from the Aptoide Store
Install Google Play Store/Aptoide Apps on Your Fire TV Stick
The method below allows you to install apps:
- Browse or search for apps using the previously installed Aptoide Store
- Select the app you want to install from the list
- Choose Install
- Enjoy your Google Play Store/Aptoide app on your Fire TV Stick
Now you can enjoy your favorite games and apps from Google Play on your TV. And you don’t even need to buy another TV!