Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand movies, with and without commercials, both in and out of the home. The platform differs from other well-known streaming platforms, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, in that it gives people early access to popular shows from several traditional networks.
This app allows users to access a myriad of video content, including live TV channels, TV shows, movies, and so on. For all fans of live sports and music events, there is an option. Hulu is basically a collaboration between Walt Disney, Comcast, AT&T, and 21st Century Fox.
After you have got a Firestick in your home, you may be looking forward to it connecting to your device as well. There are two methods. Let’s discuss them and you start to enjoy them.
What is the Hulu app
Hulu is a streaming content service based in the United States. It started in 2010, originally as a way to watch recently aired TV shows, but has since evolved into a mainstream service with full movies, original programming, and live TV options.
Thousands of movies and TV shows are available through Hulu, plus it works on multiple devices, so you can stream videos anywhere. Several payment plans are available depending on your advertising tolerance and what you want to stream.
Hulu includes original projects as well as content from Disney, Fox, BBC America, Showtime, TLC, CBS, ABC News, Animal Planet, Complex, Freeform, FX, and others.
Streaming from Hulu is not free, so you must first purchase a plan. Some content is not included in the default plan but can be added, which comes at an additional cost. If you want to remove ads on Hulu, this is also an additional fee.
Although Hulu doesn’t offer free content, you still can join a free trial plan.
Are there any ways to install Hulu on Firestick
Basically, there are two ways of installing Hulu on your device. The process of installation won’t take much time and is pretty straightforward. The first method is to install the Hulu app directly from the Amazon store:
- Go to Firestick Home.
- Click on the Search icon.
- Type Hulu in the search bar.
- The results will be right there so you just click the Download button.
- When the download is complete, click the Open button
- Now you need to check if there is a geo-restriction error or not. If you are outside of the US, there is a geo-restriction problem, at which point you need to subscribe to any VPN.
- After connecting to a VPN, open the app and look at the settings.
- Log in and try the free trial options that are available. You can choose any of them.
- Now you are ready to start streaming on Hulu.
There’s also a second option for those who are living outside of the US – the Hulu Firestick APK option. But you need to have a Nord VPN and install it on the Firestick to change the original IP address to a US IP address. If there is no VPN, you cannot access it. After installing the VPN, you need to do the following steps:
- Jump to Home option on the Fire TV.
- Click on the Settings menu.
- Now select the My Fire TV option.
- The Developer option is right there. Click there.
- Now Apps from unknown resources option is disabled, turn it on.
- Now go back to Home again and click on the Search bar icon
- Type Downloader and check the list.
- After installing the Downloader press get or download to get into your device.
- Now open the Downloader and provide the APK link
- Now click on Go
- Download the APK Option and when it’s available, click on it.
- The download will start automatically. Click on the install button if it asks. Now click on done after the complete installation.
- When the installation is complete, a pop-up window will appear with the Delete option hit on it.
- Now go to the Home button and click on applications.
- Search for Hulu and open it.
- Now click on the login button or select the free trial.
Why doesn’t Hulu Live work on Firestick or Fire TV?
And yet, there are times when you may not be able to install the Hulu app normally on Firestick. There are several reasons why the Hulu app does not work properly on Fire TV. The common reasons are:
- Internet connection problems.
- The Hulu server is not working.
- Outdated version of Firestick or Hulu app.
- Lack of storage space.
- Accessing Hulu from a geographically limited location.
What you should do if Hulu doesn’t work on Fire TV
Check the Internet connection
Hulu on Firestick requires an uninterrupted high-speed Internet connection. If you have a slow Internet connection, you may experience problems streaming HD video. To fix this problem, restart your router and try streaming video to Hulu. If the problem persists, call your ISP and report the problem.
Alternatively, connect the Firestick to a new WiFi connection and see if the problem is fixed.
Check the Hulu server
All popular streaming services experience server downtime from time to time. During these times, you cannot stream videos to Hulu. Use the DownDetector Tool to check if Hulu is down. If the problem is on their end, wait for them to fix the problem.
Restart FirestickA simple restart can solve a problem with your Firestick. To restart the Firestick, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart > Confirm Restart.
If the Firestick remote does not respond, you can force a restart by unplugging the unit. Then reconnect them after a few minutes and try the Hulu app.
Clear Hulu app cache
If the problem is not on the server-side, clear the cached data from the Hulu app, then try transferring the desired video.
- Select Apps from the list.
- Click Manage Installed Applications.
- Select All Apps from the menu.
- Now click Clear data. Now click Clear data.
- And finally, launch the Hulu app and log in to your account again.
An updated version of Firestick is needed to troubleshoot device issues. You may have problems streaming Hulu and other services if you have an outdated version.
- Go to the Firestick Home screen and select Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV.
- Click on About.
- Click Check for updates. If there is a new update, install it immediately.
- After that, go back to the Hulu app and see if the problem has been fixed.
Update the Hulu TV app
As with Firestick, you also need to update the Hulu app wherever it is.
- Go to the Firestick Home screen.
- Select Apps.
- Navigate to the Hulu app and press the three horizontal line buttons on the remote control.
- Select More info.
- If there is an update, press the Update button.
The final solution to fix Hulu not working on the Firestick is to reset the device to factory settings. This will remove all installed apps and settings configured on the Firestick.
After the reset, reinstall the Hulu app and stream the video you want.
Finally, there is a solution by which the user can get Hulu on Firestick. Just follow the instructions carefully, install it on your device and enjoy streaming. If there is anything you want to know, let us know in the comments section below.