Most browsers have a bank card save feature. To allow the user to autofill when shopping online. This will allow you to avoid entering the data manually.
Each browser has a section where this information is stored. In the settings section you can manage this data. You can view your saved credit card numbers in Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari on PC and Mac.
How to view your saved credit card numbers in Google Chrome
Credit cards kept in Chrome and Safari are committed to improving your online shopping experience. It helps you to buy things much faster and stay sure that you won’t fill in the wrong details. The Chrome web browser saves credit card payment details as well as PayPal credentials. So, when you buy something, your details would be automatically filled in.
So, if you want to view your saved credit card numbers in Google Chrome, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Chrome web browser.
- After that, you should tap on the three-dot menu button which can be found at the top left of the app.
- Then, you should click on Settings.
- Then you need to select settings from the list.
- Next, click on Autofill.
- The next step is to select Payment methods.
- Since then, your credit card list would be displayed.
To finish the process, you should tap on the desired one, then click on Edit, and the necessary information would be displayed. At this point, you can edit or delete any of the payment methods.
Firefox also has a similar feature as Google Chrome. In order to make the browser easier to use. You can also save and then view the data of bank cards, to do this you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, you should open Firefox.
- Then select the three bars in the upper right corner.
- After that, you should head to the Settings menu.
- Next, select ‘Privacy and Security’ from the sidebar menu on the left side.
- Then, you should head to Saved Credit Cards.
After these steps you will also be able to view your credit card information. Also at this step you can manage, edit or delete them.
- How to change the card on Cash App
- How to add a family payment method on Google Play
- How to delete a credit card on Doordash in a few simple steps
What is autofill credit card info in Safari on Mac
Autofill gives users a great opportunity to easily and effortlessly fill in their earlier saved credit card details, contact information from the Contacts app, passwords and etc. You can also have a strong password created for you when you set up a password on a website.
How to add or delete a stored credit card
If you want to add or delete a stored credit card, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Safari app on your Mac.
- Then, you should click on Safari, then, tap on Preferences.
- After that you need select AutoFill and you should tap on “Credit cards”, select Edit and follow the onscreen prompts .
At this point you need to enter your password or put your finger on the button to unlock this section using TouchID. Only then will you be able to see and edit your saved maps and manage that data.
What to do to fill in your credit card details
If you want to fill in your credit card details, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First, you should open the Safari app on your Mac, and tap in a credit card field when making a purchase.
- After that, you should select from a list of your stored credit cards. If your Mac or Apple keyboard supports Touch ID, you can use Touch ID to fill in the stored information for the selected credit card. To set up Touch ID to use with Safari AutoFill, you should head to Change Touch ID preferences.
After these steps, you will be able to use your credit card information when shopping online. This way you don’t have to re-enter these details. It will save you time when placing any order.
How browsers keeps your credit card info secure
Credit card information using Safari is kept in your macOS keychain. It’s also saved in your iCloud Keychain if it’s set up on your Mac.
If you remove credit card information in Safari, it would be removed from your macOS keychain. It would also be deleted from your other devices if your Mac and other devices are set up for iCloud Keychain.
In Google Chrome, your data will be stored in your account. That means that if you log in to your Google Account on another device, you can use your saved credit card data again.
For this reason, many people, when they see a notification about whether or not to save their bank card data, think about whether or not it’s worth it. Usually the browser offers this for functionality. However, if it’s safe for you, it’s worth investigating.
It could also be that someone has taken over your computer or smartphone. So that person can easily get something for themselves at your expense. This can only happen if your bank doesn’t ask for confirmation of any withdrawal from the account.