Subtitles are a great feature that is provided by Sony TVs for people that have problems with hearing. It helps users to be able to watch their favorite shows even if they can’t hear properly, as there’s some text on the bottom of the picture. The spoken elements, background noises, and sound effects of a movie or program, all this would be displayed when the closed captioning is switched on, as a text at the bottom of your screen.
This feature gives deaf or hard-of-hearing people a great opportunity to be informed about the programs or be well-entertained. With this feature, a certain group of people can manage to understand the dialogue when it’s not clear or the actors don’t speak loud enough. This option is available not always. It can be enabled only if the service provider includes them with their content. Sometimes, users may get annoyed with those text messages at the bottom, as they don’t let them watch their favorite content with a clear picture, so they wonder how to disable it. Fortunately, we know how to help you in this case.
How to disable subtitles on Sony TV
Modern TVs provide their users with a huge variety of features and options, which may confuse new users. Sometimes of course users want to enable the subtitles, for example, on Samsung TV. However, many users often get annoyed and want to disable this feature in order not to see those words anymore, and be able to watch their favorite shows. Unfortunately, you can’t do it in a second. Moreover, the method of turning off the subtitles can slightly vary depending on the model of your Sony TV. It can be done via remote and via your TV.
How to switch off subtitles on Sony TV via remote
The remote control is a great tool which is one of the most important tools which comes with your TV. The remote control should be paired not only with your Sony TV, but also should be connected to all TVs, for example, Samsung TVs.
If you want to use your remote to disable the subtitles on your Sony TV, you should follow the steps which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should make sure that the remote control is pointed just in front of your Sony TV.
- After that, you should tap on the remote control to open the menu.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the “Closed caption” option in the menu to get rid of the caption.
Since then, a closed caption feature would be turned off and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite movies. There won’t be any text displayed anymore on your TV.
Where to find the subtitle button on your remote
Even though subtitles have many pros, some users still want to switch them off.
If you’ve already switched on the CC for your TV, it’s possible to head to the subtitles with a Sony remote control and view them without any special effort. Models with different CC buttons may be located farther from the channel rockers or near the lower volume button. Basically, this button can be usually found at the bottom of your remote control.
The subtitles can be disabled by the subtitle button. To find this button, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should find the Home button on the TV remote control.
- After that, you should select Settings on the home screen. To do that, you should tap on Enter in the upper right corner.
- When the Channel setup would be displayed, you should click on Enter.
- Then, you should tap on Digital setup and click on Enter.
- To complete the process, you should head down and choose Subtitle setup. To do that, you should tap on the Down button and then click on Enter.
Since then, you’ll find the subtitle button. Your favorite content can be viewed with a clear picture without any text at the bottom since then.
How to switch subtitles off on Sony TV
There’s one more way to switch off the subtitles on Sony TV. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should select “Watching TV“.
- After that, you should head to the “Channel Setup“.
- Then, you should click on “Digital Setup“.
- Next, you should head to “Subtitles“.
- After that, you should tap on “Subtitle Setup“.
- To complete the process, you should choose “Off“.
Since then, the subtitles on your Sony TV would be switched off.
What you should know about the subtitles on your Sony Bravia TV
There’re several things that you should know more about the subtitles on your Sony Bravia TV. They would be mentioned in the section below:
- It’s possible to avoid the remaining switched on subtitles by choosing Off.
- Usually, subtitles are displayed in addition to other subtitles.
- When installing subtitles for hard of hearing users, they should be remained On for convenience. You can switch on subtitles on different TVs, for example, on Apple TV.
How to turn off the subtitles on Sony TV
Sometimes, you may notice that the subtitles are enabled only during watching the content. Fortunately, there’s no need to make some special efforts to stop watching the content to disable it, as you can do that at once while viewing the movie or show.
The subtitles can be also turned off during the process of watching your favorite movies. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should start watching your favorite movie or TV show and then you should click on your screen when it plays.
- After that, you should tap on the dialogue icon.
- Then, you’ll see that there would be an option for audio or subtitle displayed on the screen.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the Off option under Subtitles.
Since then, the subtitles on your Sony TV would be turned off.
How to reset Sony Smart TV without remote
Resetting your TV or other devices can solve many problems, so sometimes it may even fix your TV bugs. Not only Sony Smart TVs should be reset properly, but also others like Hisense TV.
If your remote control is out of order, this method can save the situation. It only involves the buttons on the TV itself. So if your device has only one button, use this guide:
- First of all, you should remove the power supply to the Smart TV.
- After that, you should hold the Power button.
- Provide the power supply to the TV, and a White LED light appears.
- Then, stop holding the Power button, and the TV starts the factory reset function.
- The reboot process on your TV would be started, and you have to click on the Power button again to start the TV as a new one.
In case your TV has three buttons:
- First of all, you should unplug the power cord of the TV. Click on the Power button, Volume Down button, and switch on the TV.
- Press the button until the erasing screen would be displayed on the TV or a Green LED Light would be shown.
- Click the button, and it will begin the resetting of the TV.
- To complete the process, you should switch on the TV and head to the setup screen to provide the details first.
As you can see, there’s nothing difficult in managing your Sony TV.