You bought a Roku TV, but when you started to connect it to your TV, you had a problem with pairing the remote control and the device? There are several reasons why this happens – perhaps a problem with the pairing key, or what’s in the firmware. However, don’t worry, there are a couple of ways to solve this problem and in this article, you will read about it.
In short, you can use your smartphone to do this or you can use the buttons on the TV itself. Below you will find a detailed description of the methods.
What does the pairing button on Roku remote
The pairing button, which is usually located on the front of the remote control (sometimes it can be on the back), allows you to connect the remote control to the device and thus you will have access to control the TV remotely. If you want to sync your devices, you need to find the pairing button and press it until you see the light coming from the top of the remote.
How to sync a Roku remote without pairing button
You should know that the latest Roku TV models don’t have pairing buttons, instead, the remote control connects itself as soon as you use it for the first time.
However, if you use a Roku Stick device, you might need to connect it using the pairing button.
Is it possible to sync the remote via smartphone
The good news is that if you have problems with the pairing button, using the Roku app, you can control the TV via your smartphone, or you can make the remote control sync with the TV without the pairing button.
Here’s the guide on how to do so:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Download the free-to-use Roku app.
- You need to ensure that your smartphone and Roku device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, go to the Roku app. There you’ll see the Remote option, select it.
- The Remote option allows you to control your Roku TV with your smartphone.
- With the smartphone, locate Settings and then Remotes and Devices option on your TV.
- Finally, choose the Pair New Device option.
After that, your Roku TV will search for a suitable pairing device and if your remote control is in working condition, there should be no problem with pairing.
How to sync the remote using the “Pair Remote” option
In this case, you need only your TV and the buttons on its panel. This method allows you to go to the settings of the TV itself without any additional devices. However, only if your TV has this feature. Here’s how to check this and try to pair the remote control with the TV:
- Go to the Home screen of your Roku device.
- Scroll down until you find Settings.
- In the Settings menu, you can find the Remotes option on the left side.
- Now, select the Pair Remote option.
- This feature should automatically pair your remote with your Roku device.
If you still can’t connect the remote control to the TV, there may be a problem with the remote control itself. In this case, you should check the remote control itself for malfunction or restart the device.
These basic ways will help you synchronize the remote control with the TV, but if it still doesn’t work, you may want to change the batteries in the remote control or restart all devices. As a last resort, contact support.