Many people simply love to communicate by embedding in their correspondence various emojis, stickers, gifs, and more. It helps to decorate the conversation with friends and sometimes even cheer them up. Discord provides just such an opportunity. Because in addition to video and audio conferencing, you can simply communicate using chat.
If you’re new to Discord, you’re probably not yet familiar with many of the platform’s features. Discord allows you to create unique effects in chat. Special keyboard commands on a desktop or mobile device Discord app can change the way viewers and readers think about the content you publish. This gives users the ability to add all kinds of formatting to posts, including bold, italics, code formatting, as well as strikethrough.
One of the main features of Discord that you will want to master is the ability to strikethrough text. Strikethroughs are used and will be especially handy in your conversation with friends if you want to emphasize a wrong word or a few words. You can be sure that adding a strikethrough in your conversation on Discord chat is not difficult enough. So, in this article, we are going to tell you how to strikethrough text in Discord.
How to strikethrough text on Discord
If you want to strikethrough text in your Discord conversation, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the private chat or server chat on Discord where you want to add strikethrough;
- After that, enter the text you want to cross out;
- Then, type two tildes (~~) before and after your message in Discord chat (~~”MESSAGE”~~);
- Finally, tap “Enter” to send a message to the chat.
If you don’t know where tilde is located, you have to be aware that it is easy to find it. On standard physical keyboards, this key is located in the upper left corner. On mobile devices, you have to go to the punctuation menu of your keyboard.
You can also add another markup to your strikethrough text. For example, this can be bold, italics, or underline text.
Here is how to use these formatting options:
- Bold requires two asterisks (**) before and after the message;
- Italics requires either one underscore (_) or one asterisk (*) before and after the message;
- Underline text requires two underscores (__) before and after the message.
You also have the ability to add these markups using a context menu on the desktop or browser versions of Discord. If you want to do that, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the chat where you want to format the message;
- After that, enter the text you want to change;
- Then, highlight the text and hover the mouse over it until a small black bar appears above it;
- Finally, select the “B” icon to bold the message, the slanted “I” to italicize, and the crossed out “S”, if you want to strikethrough your message.
You can be sure that this knowledge will definitely help you to diversify your communication with friends, colleagues, or teammates on Discord.