Fortnite is one of the most intense and addictive games of the Battle Royale genre. In it, you fight for first place, customize your favorite characters, and spend time with your friends in online mode. All of this is very attractive to many players. But sometimes you may get bored with the game or want to give your gaming console to someone else, like a friend, you will definitely want to log out of your account.
In this article, I will tell you how to log out of your Fortnite account if you play with Nintendo Switch.
Disconnect your Nintendo Account from Epic Games account
Firstly, you need to disconnect your Nintendo Account with a smartphone or a computer. Once you have logged into your Epic Games account, follow the steps given below to log out of Fortnite on Nintendo Switch via Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Note: you should be aware of the following things that will take place once you disconnect your Epic games account from your Nintendo account:
- You will lose access to all game progression and purchases as these are tied to your Epic Account
- Signing into your Epic Games account with a platform that was disconnected earlier will create a brand new Epic Games account with zero game progression.
- You will not be able to link a different Nintendo Account to your Epic Games account
How to disconnect Nintendo Account from Epic Games account via Windows or MacOS
- Hover over your username and click on Account from the dropdown menu
- Navigate to the Connections section from the sidepanel options on the left of the screen
- Click on Accounts, find Nintendo Switch and then click on Disconnect
- Click on Unlink once you have checked all the warning boxes
And that shows you will be logged out of Fortnite on your Nintendo Switch.
How to disconnect Nintendo Account from Epic Games account via Android or iOS
Go to your Epic Games account and follow the steps mentioned below to disconnect your Epic Account from your Nintendo account:
- Tap on the hamburger menu
- After that, tap on your username near the bottom of the screen
- Choose Account
- Tap on the back arrow to access the Settings
- Then select Connections
- Scroll down to Nintendo Switch and tap on Disconnect
Create a new user profile linked with a new or different My Nintendo Account
Since disconnecting your account from Epic Games can lead to loss of progression and purchases, there is an alternative way. In case you are asked to play on the console by other people, or you want to have another account, it is easier to just create a new account. Follow the steps below to add a new user and use a separate Nintendo account on your Switch:
- Open System Settings
- Scroll down to Users and choose Add User
- Click on Create New User
- Add a profile picture and a new name. It will be a completely different account
These two methods can help you on using different accounts at once, or completely log out of them. Enjoy your gaming!